Variety of Ball Lock Corny Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcopolo

Reaction score
I currently own 8 ball lock kegs, all previously used, and I've been trying to identify the gas & liquid posts (A, B, C) to see if they correspond with the kegs (Cornelius, AEB, Super Champion, etc...). I've found that most of the posts are not the correct type for the keg. In fact, I even have 2 gas posts on one keg and 2 liquid posts on another keg. I'm guessing that these kegs did work for their previous owners, but I've had leakage problems recently, so I think that there must be some truth to matching posts/poppets with kegs. Has anyone else experienced this with used ball lock kegs ? I did not acquire the kegs thru any homebrew supply shops but thru personal individuals. My goal is to get all 8 kegs in operational condition (as effeciently as possible) so that I can fill them up and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Back