Vaginal Beer......you heard me right!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ewww. Just, ewww. Realizing it's just bacteria, but still.... I don't know what's worse, this ***** beer or the beer brewed with yeast from the brewer's cats.

This isn't the first time 'beer' has been made with yeast from somebody's hoo-ha. I recall seeing something similar probably five or six years ago.

The problem with this is that 'human yeast' is any of a number of Candida strains, whereas 'beer yeast is (usually) one of the 'Saccharomyces' strains.

They're both yeasts, yes; but the candida ones simply aren't capable of properly fermenting wort or even sugar-water. It's simply going to taste terrible.

If you want the taste of someone's vagina, sample it directly -- not from a beer. She'll thank you for it.

However I'm not seeing it as they're using yeast. They said lactic acid and bacteria to create a sour. So basically "infecting" the wort

Have we totally and completely run out ideas for brewing beer? I drew a line I wouldn't cross at jalapeno burrito and peanut butter milk stouts, but really vaginal beer?! Who's vagina was used to source the bacteria anyway.

Who's vagina was used to source the bacteria anyway.

Czech model Alexandra Brendlova, apparently. Although for just €10,000, you can get 60 bottles of beer made using bacteria from your own girlfriend's vagina.

Somehow, I think if I really wanted to, I could brew 60 bottles (what's that, 6 gallons?) of beer and infect it with a swab from my wife for waaaaay less than €10,000.

It sounds like their plan is to brew the beer normally, then infect it with some lactobacillus cultured from the model's hoo-ha. I'm guessing you'd have to make a very small starter initially, and step it up several times. Wouldn't you just end up with a sour, potentially nasty beer though?

This has been done before

20000529JBMarsha0529M.jpg

I tried the link and their 404 error message said "Something isn't quite right."

You said it.

As mentioned above, Candida albicans and saccaromyces cerevisiae are different animals. Won't make alcohol.

Have we totally and completely run out ideas for brewing beer? I drew a line I wouldn't cross at jalapeno burrito and peanut butter milk stouts, but really vaginal beer?! Who's vagina was used to source the bacteria anyway.

Lol well watch the video man! She's pretty dang sexayy!

I tried the link and their 404 error message said "Something isn't quite right."

You said it.

As mentioned above, Candida albicans and saccaromyces cerevisiae are different animals. Won't make alcohol.

Ok guys. Once again, they aren't using a woman's yeast to ferment. They're making normal wort and fermenting, and then creating a sour using naturally occuring bacteria from a models vagina.

Also the link works fine for me?

Ah. Works now. That makes more sense. There was a grad student at my wonderful University of Wisconsin who made yogurt with her own ... uh, flora, and it seems to have worked.

Still. I can think of better ways to spend €39/$44. Pass.

As I mentioned above, they're planning on using lactobacillus, which most definitely will make alcohol. From the IndieGoGo page:

The secret of the beer lies in her vagina. Using hi-tech of microbiology, we isolate, examine and prepare lactic acid bacteria from vagina of a unique woman. The bacteria, lactobacillus, transfers woman’s features, allure, grace, glamour, and her instincts into beers and other products, turning them into a dance with lovely angel.

Also, I love the prose in their description:

Imagine a woman of your dreams, your object of desire. Her charm, her sensuality, her passion… Try her taste, feel her smell, hear her voice… Imagine her massaging you passionately and whispering into your ear everything you want. Now free your fantasies and imagine that with a magic wand you can close it in one bottle of beer. The golden drink brewed with her lure, grace and flavored with instincts. Imagine the beer of which every sip is a randez-vous with this hot woman of your dreams… she hugs you and kiss you gently, looking straight into your eyes… How much would you give for that beer?

"Feel her smell?" Wouldn't I smell her smell? And does anything in that description suggest the face-puckering sour that this beer is going to end up as? Also they misspelled "rendezvous."

Ok guys. Once again, they aren't using a woman's yeast to ferment. They're making normal wort and fermenting, and then creating a sour using naturally occuring bacteria from a models vagina.

Jeepers! All I was trying to do was encourage more guys to go down on their SWMBO's more often!

I know many people already commented that it's a joke, but I'll throw my vote in on that. It's a joke. And if it's not, well I guess it's just part of the progression of crazy in craft beer.

They're being too specific for it to be a joke. And also, they obviously know their stuff because they're creating sours, the beer that truly is created from additions of bacteria. So I dunno man.

old news....this is the 3rd time ive posted this
trying to talk SWMBO into letting me culture up her yeast to at least see what the starter wort tastes like. Just need to figure out what the best time in the cycle would be

edit: I lied, its the other way around
from the "Do you experiment?" thread 2 months ago
long story short, doesnt flocc well enough. go figure
plus, you gotta coordinate the yeast harvest with the monthly cycle

I don't get it. When brewer's culture vaginal yeast to make beer, it's "edgy", "experimental", and "sensual".

But when I brought my own homebrewed dickbier to the homebrew club meeting last month, I was asked to "please never come back".

Some people eh?

Did you present it "con o sin" adjunct to the assemblage?

i don't get it. When brewers culture vaginal yeast to make beer, it's "edgy", "experimental", and "sensual".

But when i brought my own homebrewed dickbier to the homebrew club meeting last month, i was asked to "please never come back".

lmao

Hahaha. Wow. The entire time I was watching that video, I was thinking "Who the hell would buy this?" I'm all for sour beers and using lactobacillus, but at the best, the beer will taste just like a regular sour ale. At the worst, it could be contaminated with something illness-inducing.

I can't imagine anyone normal being into something like this. As hot as that model is, I don't imagine most people are going to want to throw down a ton of money to drink a beer soured with a girl's vagina bacteria (regardless of who that girl is).

I think people who don't know about brewing might imagine it tasting like champagne and having pheromones and sexually stimulating chemicals in it. Then they get it, never having drunk a sour ale before, and are like "WHAT THE ****?!" (and I say this as a huge fan of sour beers).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back