Using a can of concentrate as priming sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corexcore

Reaction score
Has anyone done this? I did the math out on it, and for a 5 gallon batch where you'd use 5 oz priming sugar, you come out with something on the order of 150 grams of sugar in total. In a 12 oz can of Juicy Juice concentrate, there are something like 158-162, I can't quite remember. The numbers are pretty damn close and it might be nice, I think, to get some extra apple flavor going on when throwing drinks into bottles. Can anyone see any harm in doing this? Where it has nearly the same amount of sugar, it seems like it can't be bad, might have to be a little bit vigilant for bottle bombs, but its not wildly over the mark, and I could just not dump in quite the whole can of concentrate if I wanted to limit the sugar. Any thoughts?

Bitchin'. That's more or less what I thought, but I seemed to recall people on here talking about how it was a bad idea, so I thought it'd be good to ask the form at large before possibly making 50ish grenades. Sweet.

Back