Use for extra pump?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejuanald

Reaction score
I have been given an extra match pump. I have two already mounted to my brew table. Is there anything I could use the next pump for? Maybe pumping from the carboy to my kegs?

2 pumps in series can give you better flow rates. i run mine in series when i whirlpool.

or sell it.

Pumps in series gets you more pressure (which could result in more flow if you're not flow limited by the pump).

Pumps in parallel get you more flow if you already have the pressure you need but just lack the ability to move it.

The configuration you need depends on which parameter you are being limited by. Unfortunately the math to figure this out is hairy.

These guys are wrong, sorry. There is no use for an extra pump in your situation. In fact I just checked NJ homebrew laws and you are limited to 2 pumps per household. You should find a level 7 containment plant to and give it to them to properly dispose of.

What's that, you don't have any level 7 containment plants near you? Don't worry, there is one near me and I can handle that part for you. Just send me the pump and I'll take care of the rest.

:mug:

Latest posts

Back