Update - No Chill British Pale - modified hop schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhgodzilla

Reaction score
Gents, I tried the British Pale I made with the No Chill methods and modified hop schedule. It was a success. It’s in the Bass ale / Timothy Taylor family, mildly bitter, crushable like Bass, but more complex flavors from the Timothy Taylor (Wyeast 1469) yeast, like a hint of iced tea. That 1469 really clears the beer which is perfect for no chill.

In a previous thread I discussed the no chill hop schedule and not over bittering. I mainly modified the later additions to whirlpool and beyond. Pretty damn successful, not sweet, not IPA, with room to add a pinch more bittering if desired. I did not end up dry hopping this time either.
The beers carbed in bottles like “real ale” for around 2 weeks and are at most a medium carbination. Totally a summer crusher or session ale, with way more going in flavor and feel than a cream ale or light lager.

Thanks to the team who made many no chill hop schedule suggestions!!

Back