Up to 50% off discount for Inkbird Bluetooth Temperature & Humidity Data Logger

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Inkbird Just released a type of amazing Bluetooth Temperature & Humidity Smart Sensor IBS-TH1. It can be easy to pair with our mobile apps (Engbird) to provide the ideal solution for monitoring temperature and humidity conditions by Bluetooth (50m/164ft). IBS-TH1 can perfectly monitor your home, car, clothes, pet, fruit, wine and much more with inner probe and test the liquid temperature by the 6ft external waterproof probe(IP-68). It built in battery and magnetic.

Temperature Range: -40 ~ 212° F(External Probe)
: -40 ~ 140° F(Inner Probe)
Temperature Accuracy: ±0.5°F
Humidity Range: 0 ~ 99%RH
Humidity Accuracy: ±3%RH

The intervals of data record can be set to 10s、30s、1min、2min、5min、10min、30min. Data is collected at one minute interval by default and can be stored on the sensor for about 20 days. And an external sensor can monitor the temperature of liquid.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0774BGBHS

Here is 20% off code: ZIOY7BC9. Who leaves the review for the below link can get another 30% off price via Paypal account. The review must be honest, good or bad.

The code is valid within 11/06/2017 5:00 AM PST to 11/13/201711:59 PMPST

(50% discount only have 30 quota of people. You can check the link to see the reviews. You still have chance to get 50% discount if the reviews did not reach 30. Hurry up and value the chance)
IBS-TH1-2.jpg

IBS-TH1-14.jpg

IBS-TH1-%25E5%259C%25BA%25E6%2599%25AF%25E4%25B8%2580.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This activity only has 30 chances and it will end in this month. Please hurry up if you have interest.

I love all of my inkbird items so far, my 308s do fantastic. IBS-TH1 has been ordered I hope it is as good as the other items I have. Will update my reviews when I get it. Thanks InkBird

I dont understand... why does the title say 50% and the link is for 20%? I know it says "up to" but how do i get UP TO 50%?

I dont understand... why does the title say 50% and the link is for 20%? I know it says "up to" but how do i get UP TO 50%?

The post plainly says you get 20% off and an additional 30% after you leave a verified review from the link posted. So buy it with the 20% off code, then after you get it post a review and get the 30% back.

Please review it after you guys received it. Otherwise your review hasn't Verified Purchase mark. We really need this. Thanks again

Got one and installed it a few days ago. My thoughts thus far....

The Good: a good clean easy setup. App interface is clean and customizing is easy as expected. Reliable measurements out of the box to within 1 degree of my temp probe (I have both inserted into the same thermowell). I do like the option to record different intervals of time and the fact that you can name whatever you are monitoring. I see this being handy as follows: I brewed on Friday, installed the Engbird and set it up on the app with my Beer Name (style). I then set the low and high temps for Alerts (although I don't see that being helpful, see my comments below). When the wort is done fermenting, I will probably export (another concern, see below) the data and save it. The next batch, I will change the name and "hope" that the data clears (it does have memory for a time frame but don't recall what it is initially) or can be cleared to start a new batch and thus repeat the process. There is a Reset button on the settings part of the app, might come in handy for that...or it might just reset the Alerts (not sure yet).

The Confusing: It wasn't clear in the instructions where the unit itself needs to be placed. It has a sensor on the front of the unit that reads humidity. So, I guess if you want to monitor the humidity on your ferm. chamber or (as I did) the ambient room conditions it works good for that. Kind of a useless feature though when it comes to homebrewing/fermenting.

The Bad: It only works within a very small area of your "app"/mobile device; let me explain. I have the unit itself outside of the chest freezer I use to ferment in and the temp probe plugged in and inserted into the thermowell (as previously noted). The freezer itself is in a room about 14x14. That said, I either have to be in that room or just outside of the door in order for the bluetooth to register on the app/mobile device. That's a huge downside to me. I would greatly prefer if it connected to my home wifi and allowed me to see the current conditions from my app/mobile device from anywhere I am rather than being tethered to the unit within a few dozen feet. I probably don't see myself using it from brew to brew just because I am not going to make "going to my beer" a regular habit just to check the temp. I have an ITC1000 hooked up and in a thermowell for that :). Also, the "app" has an Export button on the bottom which is nice. Howevever (iOS) it exports to a csv file which is not initially recognized without a third party app so I still don't know what it looks like when exported but I'm sure it's fine.

In conclusion: It is a solid little unit and does what it is advertised to do. When you initially set it up on the app, you can choose what you are going to use it for...no homebrew option but it does have Wine and Other...i chose Other just because. Not hooking up to WiFi is a huge deal for me. The Bluetooth is nice but just not robust enough for me to consider this a must use item. Also measuring the humidity would be nice for most other things, but for homebrew use, not so much.

Hope this helps someone and if you have questions, PM me and I would be glad to continue the conversation :) Prosit and thanks InkBird for your great products overall.

Got one and installed it a few days ago. My thoughts thus far....

The Good: a good clean easy setup. App interface is clean and customizing is easy as expected. Reliable measurements out of the box to within 1 degree of my temp probe (I have both inserted into the same thermowell). I do like the option to record different intervals of time and the fact that you can name whatever you are monitoring. I see this being handy as follows: I brewed on Friday, installed the Engbird and set it up on the app with my Beer Name (style). I then set the low and high temps for Alerts (although I don't see that being helpful, see my comments below). When the wort is done fermenting, I will probably export (another concern, see below) the data and save it. The next batch, I will change the name and "hope" that the data clears (it does have memory for a time frame but don't recall what it is initially) or can be cleared to start a new batch and thus repeat the process. There is a Reset button on the settings part of the app, might come in handy for that...or it might just reset the Alerts (not sure yet).

The Confusing: It wasn't clear in the instructions where the unit itself needs to be placed. It has a sensor on the front of the unit that reads humidity. So, I guess if you want to monitor the humidity on your ferm. chamber or (as I did) the ambient room conditions it works good for that. Kind of a useless feature though when it comes to homebrewing/fermenting.

The Bad: It only works within a very small area of your "app"/mobile device; let me explain. I have the unit itself outside of the chest freezer I use to ferment in and the temp probe plugged in and inserted into the thermowell (as previously noted). The freezer itself is in a room about 14x14. That said, I either have to be in that room or just outside of the door in order for the bluetooth to register on the app/mobile device. That's a huge downside to me. I would greatly prefer if it connected to my home wifi and allowed me to see the current conditions from my app/mobile device from anywhere I am rather than being tethered to the unit within a few dozen feet. I probably don't see myself using it from brew to brew just because I am not going to make "going to my beer" a regular habit just to check the temp. I have an ITC1000 hooked up and in a thermowell for that :). Also, the "app" has an Export button on the bottom which is nice. Howevever (iOS) it exports to a csv file which is not initially recognized without a third party app so I still don't know what it looks like when exported but I'm sure it's fine.

In conclusion: It is a solid little unit and does what it is advertised to do. When you initially set it up on the app, you can choose what you are going to use it for...no homebrew option but it does have Wine and Other...i chose Other just because. Not hooking up to WiFi is a huge deal for me. The Bluetooth is nice but just not robust enough for me to consider this a must use item. Also measuring the humidity would be nice for most other things, but for homebrew use, not so much.

Hope this helps someone and if you have questions, PM me and I would be glad to continue the conversation :) Prosit and thanks InkBird for your great products overall.

Thanks for your feedback friend. The unit itself can monitor temperature and humidity. And the external probe can monitor liquid temperature(Like beer). This product is the perfect choice for new brewer who want to know the whole process of temperature changes. It's a new product and we do really need the feedback like yours. I will send it to our tech team and they will try to improve it. Thanks again for your review.

I received mine, but cannot get it to pair with my Android phone, Bluetooth is on and phone is right next to the unit, but it doesn't seem to recognize it at all. Any hints on how to make this work?

I received mine, but cannot get it to pair with my Android phone, Bluetooth is on and phone is right next to the unit, but it doesn't seem to recognize it at all. Any hints on how to make this work?
The unit can connect both Android and IOS system. And we also test it. Maybe any connecting procedure goes wrong.

Enjoying mine so far, I love that I can check up on my fermentation while I'm sitting on the sofa!

I do have a question though, can the internal battery be replaced when it eventually dies?

Enjoying mine so far, I love that I can check up on my fermentation while I'm sitting on the sofa!

I do have a question though, can the internal battery be replaced when it eventually dies?
Thanks for your feedback. The battery normally can last one year. We will send you a replacement one if the battery run out within one year. Our tech team will improve the battery question if many of you guys think the battery should be replaceable.

Thanks for your feedback. The battery normally can last one year. We will send you a replacement one if the battery run out within one year. Our tech team will improve the battery question if many of you guys think the battery should be replaceable.

First let me say I really like this product and the app is very easy to use, but I think it could be improved a little bit, at least for home brewers.

I would like to see a mini-usb port added so I could use a spare cellphone charger I already have to power or recharge the unit; that would increase production cost only very slightly and if others agree they would prefer that over the humidity sensor could the retail price stay the same?

To me it's not very useful to have an internal battery at all since I would typically use this in an area where I already have temperature controllers plugged in anyway, so what's one more cord?

First let me say I really like this product and the app is very easy to use, but I think it could be improved a little bit, at least for home brewers.

I would like to see a mini-usb port added so I could use a spare cellphone charger I already have to power or recharge the unit; that would increase production cost only very slightly and if others agree they would prefer that over the humidity sensor could the retail price stay the same?

To me it's not very useful to have an internal battery at all since I would typically use this in an area where I already have temperature controllers plugged in anyway, so what's one more cord?
A mini-usb, that's a good idea and we will consider it. The external cord can monitor the temperature of liquid(beer). That useful for many brewers who pay more attention to temperature change data. The unit can monitor and record the 20 days beer temperature changes if you set the sampling interval as 1 minute. And the sampling interval has many choice. The unit can record 40 days beer temperature changes if you set the sampling interval as 2 minute. That's the function of the external cord.

Back