UFC 93 St-Pierre or Penn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which fighter do you want to win

• George St-Pierre

• BJ Penn

• Don't really care

Results are only viewable after voting.
GSP is very well trained and works very hard.

BJ Penn is a warrior. He is a born fighter, he will win.

You will see GSP get caught in a submission. GSP has too smart of trainers and coaches for him to stand up with Penn.

GSP is very well trained and works very hard.

BJ Penn is a warrior. He is a born fighter, he will win.

You will see GSP get caught in a submission. GSP has too smart of trainers and coaches for him to stand up with Penn.

Last time GSP got submitted was 5 years ago. I don't think its going to end with a submission since i can't see BJ getting the TD on GSP.

I'm rooting for GSP, but BJ has very good Boxing. I think the fight will be decided there.

This is going to be an awesome fight. Both men I greatly respect. BJ is a legend as far as I am concerned. His skills standing, mid range, and especially clinched are unbelievable. Seeing this guy defending take downs is a treat. I would love to see him win.

GSP. Is an animal. He has improved in every fight I have seen. He seems to improve exponentially as well, not just improve certain aspects of his game, but everything, and vastly. He is a legend IMHO. I would love to see him win.

I have followed UFC since the first one. It actually got me into MMA back when I was much younger, and much more excitable. Nowadays, I watch from the sidelines with much anticipation and love for the sport. This will be a fight to remember I hope. I think we can all be pleased regardless of the outcome as these are two guys at the top of the fight game.

I call BJ, standing.

I think the more important question is the Diaz vs. Guida fight. I f****ing hate Diaz. What a punk. I hope he gets romped by the crazy Guida.

This is going to be an awesome fight. Both men I greatly respect. BJ is a legend as far as I am concerned. His skills standing, mid range, and especially clinched are unbelievable. Seeing this guy defending take downs is a treat. I would love to see him win.

GSP. Is an animal. He has improved in every fight I have seen. He seems to improve exponentially as well, not just improve certain aspects of his game, but everything, and vastly. He is a legend IMHO. I would love to see him win.

I have followed UFC since the first one. It actually got me into MMA back when I was much younger, and much more excitable. Nowadays, I watch from the sidelines with much anticipation and love for the sport. This will be a fight to remember I hope. I think we can all be pleased regardless of the outcome as these are two guys at the top of the fight game.

I call BJ, standing.

Youre not a Sherdogger are you?

Loved the Lyoto, Jon Jones and GSP showings.

Looks like we got our answer. It would have been nice to see BJ with two belts but I think GSP deserved this. That dude knows what he is about, professionalism doesn't even come close to what this dude can do.

And no, I am not a sherdogger, though I have lurked there in the past.

Just saying, because 90% of sherdog says they have been watching since UFC 1 which is odd considering that about 50 people watched the event at the time. Non issue really since that wasnt MMA at the time.

Roger that. It was more of a cock fight if you will. More closely resembling Vandammes blood sport than an actual competition worthy of the masses. I still remember early on conning my mother into getting these on Pay per view and me and my buddies sitting in the living room with our jaws on the floor at the brutal knockouts and such.

I have been happy the last 4 years or so that MMA has gained a bigger popularity and acceptance. It's honestly about time. While every sunday/monday it's perfectly acceptable to watch two groups of guys bashing themselves into early retirement week after week. God forbid we accept or allow that someone can get choked out on live tv. Far to violent.

It's amazing really to see how far it has come from the days of Yarborough walking in there like a behemoth only to take a ridge hand and end the fight barely able to cover up. And now we have true tacticians and technical experts at this fight game. Though I still cringe when I see a true JJ battle going on, and I hear the crowd boo, because there are no blows being thrown. Some of the best fights are the ones that tick off the un-edjumicated public. :D

I seem to have rambled some...my apologies. :)

Yeah i know how you feel, eventhough the UFC was still around it didnt get coverage where i live and i was stuck with Vale tudo. Truly greusome stuff.

Loved the Lyoto, Jon Jones and GSP showings.

I agree. All three were exceptional showings! On a very selfish note - I was very happy to see GSP make BJ quit. I really wouldn't feel this way, as I do respect BJ (even though I don't like him much). It's just that after he called GSP a little B!tch for tapping during the Serra fight, I thought justice was served.

How did I miss this thread??!! Damn, I was pretty much dead on for all of my picks on this UFC (which is a first)

Lots of great fights and a helluva way to end the night. I had just gotten back from emceeing some ammy fights whose outcome was exactly the opposite of this UFC.

Out of 10 fights only 2 of them made it out of the first round.
One was a 2nd round stoppage, and the final fight of the evening (which we thought would be another quick fight) ended up going the distance. I was in MMA heaven last night.
-Me

Serious charges there....

Except Penn didn't even try to grapple with GSP, he spent too much time trying to hurt GSP's hands with his face.

Also, the vaseline wouldn't make Penn as gassed as he was. His "cardio" did that for him.

Except Penn didn't even try to grapple with GSP, he spent too much time trying to hurt GSP's hands with his face.

LOL - That's the truth

Also, the vaseline wouldn't make Penn as gassed as he was. His "cardio" did that for him.

Another truth - I don't know if anyone watched the shows about the two of them training for this fight. Dana actually had to call BJ and leave messages telling him to get in the gym. BJ said he was going to do what he does and no one was going to tell him how to go about it (paraphrased). Then, when they did show him doing road work, he was at a snails pace and not even sweating.

This is just one more reason why I do not like the guy. I respect his talent but not him.

Wow, and I was beginning to get an inkling of respect for BJ. He just blew that right the **** out of the window.

Now Im REALLY glad that you got an ass whooping BJ. I just wish your brother would have let it go longer so you could have taken more of a beating.
*Shakes head*
-Me

Back