type of sankey keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

400d

Reaction score
what's this type of sankey keg and how to disassemble it?

240620101111.jpg

I want to open it, but all tutorials on the internet show different kind of thing...

what do you mean to cut the top?? could you please be more specific? I just want to fill this keg with homebrew, because I have the whole system, and everything fits perfectly. I'm a new guy to kegging so I don't really understand all the terminology....

I got complete system, and I have everything. I just drank last pint (commercial beer) from the keg and now I want to do it again, but this time with my own beer....

Don't know how to open this keg to fill it with homebrew

Well you could use the coupler to fill it. There is a check valve in the coupler, a small plastic ball, just remove it when you want to fill. You will want to sanitize it between batches.

Well you could use the coupler to fill it. There is a check valve in the coupler, a small plastic ball, just remove it when you want to fill. You will want to sanitize it between batches.

yeah but how to clean and sanitize the keg?

You could put oxyclean, beer line cleaner or PBW in there, soak, shake, rinse, put sanitizer in there drain and then beer. The cleaner your finished beer is before adding to the keg, the less muck you will have to deal with when cleaning. Being able to open that keg would be helpful but i understand you are working with what you have. The plus side is when you push out the cleaner and sanitizer it can be run through your draft system which will keep it clean as well.

what's this type of sankey keg and how to disassemble it?

240620101111.jpg

I want to open it, but all tutorials on the internet show different kind of thing...

Found this hope it helps others: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS8kTJkAF6k]Beer barrel Grundy - YouTube[/ame]

Back