Tub to hold corny+ice?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billvon

Reaction score
Anyone have a good source for a "tub" that fits a 5gal corny pretty well? Looking for something I can fill with ice and keep a corny cold for 12hrs or so. I've been looking for a 12" diameter 24" high garbage pail or something from Home Depot but no luck yet.

Really? I've got a 20 gallon Brute (I think that was the name anyway) trash can I got from Home Depot for exactly that purpose. Works great - it's a grey can of about the dimensions you described. If you've got any other Home Depot's in your area (I'm either lucky enough or unfortunate enough to have at least 5 within a 30 minute drive from home) you haven't checked yet, you might want to give them a look, as I know the stock can vary a bit around here...

when i did it i used a bigger, like regular sized 'brute' can with a lid. Then got a sheet of the thin pink insulation board and cut it to build a layer of insulation all around the inside. Put a drain near the bottom. It held ice really well. You can cut a small notch out for the tap depending on what you are serving with.

Really? I've got a 20 gallon Brute (I think that was the name anyway) trash can I got from Home Depot for exactly that purpose. Works great - it's a grey can of about the dimensions you described. If you've got any other Home Depot's in your area (I'm either lucky enough or unfortunate enough to have at least 5 within a 30 minute drive from home) you haven't checked yet, you might want to give them a look, as I know the stock can vary a bit around here...

This one?

I like using a 10 gallon Rubbermaid round cooler:
3577250193_59b45266b9.jpg

A standard 1x4 fits through the handle snugly.

I remember seeing a member that has a stand up cooler for that with the tap sticking out he takes camping. Maybe he'll chime in here...Reminds me of Indiana on the 4th,with a 16G keg in a washtub of ice. PBR.of course.

Back