Trying To Start A Homebrew Club

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxNative

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I live in San Marcos, Tx. I looked for a brew club and the closest are in Austin and San Antonio (for those who don't live in Tx its a 45 minute-ish drive either way). Yes, it isn't a crazy distance, but Im looking for people in town that would like to share some beers or brew together. There used to be two brew clubs here locally and they are both deceased, hopefully that isn't a bad sign.

So with that being said if I find enough interested I plan on just starting one up myself.

I have posted on a few other forums and have heard a decent amount of interest from people that want a club in San Marcos. If you would be interested shoot an email to [email protected] and I will send out dates of a first meeting if we get enough people. Should be fun if it works out. Tell one and tell all.

Best regards,
Chris

There used to be two brew clubs here locally and they are both deceased, hopefully that isn't a bad sign.

At least it tells you that there were some brewers in the area. Good luck with it.

@subdivisions, thats exactly what I had figured. Appreciate it!

Im usually on BeerAdvocate, but I got an email saying that the owners of this site live in San Marcos and are opening a LHBS here? If thats true and someone knows them could you let me know Im interested in talking to them.

I was thinking about this just the other day. No clubs around closer than 90 minutes away (Salt City Club in Syracuse). I think my first step would be to talk to the guys at my LHBS to see about getting the word out. I'm on the board at my local library and the local Blues Fest committee so I have experience running meetings etc. Mostly just a matter of getting folks informed and finding a time and place (probably just rent the meeting room at the library) to hold meetings.

What kind of things does your club do/provide that you folks really like? Is it just a forum for exchanging ideas/recipes techniques etc? Or do you also plan events or public service kind of things? Any kind of info you could pass on would be great.

To be honest I have no idea, I wish I could help here but I have never even been part of a brew club, much less ran one. But with that being said I envision it being a group of guys getting together once a month and sharing their beer. I want it to be as informal as possible and just have a easy going atmosphere of people that like to make and drink good beer.

Aside from that, sharing recipes and brewing tips will definitely be part of it. Maybe even make a "beer of the month" contest and each member can agree to brew one type each month to have a little friendly competition.

Definitely will. As of now we have four people that have emailed me. Not too bad for only searching forums, my hopes are that once I throw some fliers up at local brewpubs Ill catch a few more.

If by mid April we don't have enough people Ill say screw it and start up anyway with however many people we have. So plan for late April being our first meet.

Latest posts

Back