trouble with force carbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weeka

Reaction score
I set my co2 to 30psi and shook the keg for a few minutes and then turn it down to 10psi and waited a day to serve. It flies out of the line all foam and when the heads settles the beer is just flat.
I've since turned the psi down to 5 and have been taking a few pints off since Monday (it's Wednesday today) and no change. Any thoughts to get the carb leveled out?

That here's a lot of factors at work here but I can tell you how I do it.

First off I think the 30psi and shake thing is nuts.I know a lot of ppl do it but my advice is be patient. I typically turn to about 10 psi (my serving pressure) and keep the keg in my keezer which is at 35 degrees. That should get me roughly 2.0-2.3 volumes of co2. I let it set that way for two weeks before I pull a tap. The time spent aging only improves the beer. I have about 12 feet of line (Accuflex bev-seal).

in my personal experience, kegs just need 2 weeks regardless to be properly carbed.

ive tried everything in the book. sure you can get the beer carbonated quickly, overnight even; but getting the carbonation "right" just takes a little time.

seems like the beer needs time to absorb the co2 properly or something

id say leave it at 9.5/10 psi and check on it every so often.

Back