Transfer beer from bucket fermenter to bottle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie02173

Reaction score
Im currently brewing two beers in a fermenting bucket with a lid on top but no tap on the bucket. Im transferring some beer to a corny keg and the rest to bottles. Im wondering what is the best way or device to transfer as the tubes i recieved with the fermenting kit do not work for syphoning the beer

When you say no taps do you mean no spigot on your bottling buckets?

If thats the case you'll need to get a piece of tubing you can siphon into your keg. Sounds like you'll have to auto siphon old fashoin way.

Once you get those buckets empty I'd put spigots on them . Will make transfers and bottling much easier.

Add spigots to them . Then you can do a transfer like this .

Attachments

• 20181213_181641.jpg
    20181213_181641.jpg
    927.2 KB · Views: 62
Cool that looks like a better setup! By draining from the bottom do you avoid syphoning remaining yeast and what do you think my options are now?! As the brew is halfway fermented in a bucket with no spigot

Attachments

• 20201115_195146.jpg
    20201115_195146.jpg
    892.6 KB · Views: 21
Oops sorry man I posted the wrong pic . I actually have a spigot on the side of that fv now . That fastferment has a collection ball at the bottom
that allows the brewer to dump the yeast .

Your options are slim. You need to get an auto siphon from a brew store or you can siphon using a long piece of tubing the old school way .....kind of like siphoning gas from a car .

I would add spigots to those buckets before you use them again .

Last edited:
You can just buy a separate bottling bucket that has a spigot. When your beer is ready to bottle, siphon from the fermenting bucket to the bottling bucket, making sure not to suck up any of the trub at the bottom of the fermenting bucket. Also, be sure your hose into the bottling bucket is laying at the bottom of the bucket so that you are filling from the bottom up to minimize oxygen exposure. Then fill the bottles directly from the bottling bucket with a bottling wand connected to the spigot.

Last edited:
I watched a couple of videos about it so im guessing ill get a good syphon that will suck the beer out of the fermenting bucket and i will be sure to add spigots also to them buckets thanks

Latest posts

Back