Training hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 1434553697205.jpg
I have a one foot incline over 4 feet. The vertical growth is 6 feet. It doesn't look like much now, but when the sidearms and cones fill in, it looks like a hops bush. I also ended up with an average of almost a dry pound per plant at harvest.

Nice, thanks for the responses, I hope get some cones this year.

How is the weather? If its anything like Chicago's spring/Summer it has been very mild and wet. My Nugget and Zeus hate it. Chinook is loving it, and cascade is doing her thing. Soil amendment, fertilizer, watering schedule and copious amounts of warm sun are what they love. Unfortunately we haven't had much of that here. Lots of rain, clouds, and mild temps. When it starts hitting the 90s in July, things should drastically improve.

What are you doing for watering, fertilizer, and soil? Those things can help improve growth if you're getting Mother Nature's grace in weather. Your plants appear healthy, so that accounts for a lot as well.

Here in pa as of lately the weather seems to be good pretty warm and sunny most days but for the past 2 weeks we have afternoon rain but the it gets sunny again. Before they started growing I put cow poo compost and mulch on the. I have been giving the miracle grow about every 3 weeks.

Back