Totaled my car this morning

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c.n.budz

Reaction score
What a crappy morning.... While on my way home from running some errands this morning, some idiot in an Explorer ran a red light and nailed me. The front end of my car is gone and the car is totaled, I only had that car for three months. Luckily I walked away with only minor bruises and hard knock to the head, but at least the ER doc was a hot chick. If he had hit me a few feet further back on my car he would have hit the drivers side door and really f@cked me up. Thank god for small miracles and airbags...

To top it all off, the guy that hit me had no license and no insurance, so now my insurance has to cover me, which means my rates are going to jump through the roof. I could sue the guy, but what's the point? From what the cop said, the guy wasn't even a US citizen as the only ID he had was a New Haven immigrant ID. If you're going to drive around without a license or insurance, wouldn't you be very careful to obey all traffic laws???

And because of this I have to skip the New Haven St. Patrick's Day Parade(doctor's orders, no drinking in case I have a concussion), which is the biggest, most fun party day this city has...

That F'ing sucks!!! - Look at the bright side, you're OK. All in one piece.

I'd ***** at your local congressmen, state, fed, reps & senators. Tell them they should take care of the imigration problem or subsidize your increased insurance bill.

Go drink some non-alcoholic beers on St Patties Day. You might volunteer to be the designated driver. Your friends will appreciate it and thank you!!!

Again - Here's to no injuries!!!
:mug:

Schlenkerla said:
Go drink some non-alcoholic beers on St Patties Day. You might volunteer to be the designated driver. Your friends will appreciate it and thank you!!!

Again - Here's to no injuries!!!
:mug:

The parade is going on now and my head hurts way too much to be in the middle of that crowd right now. I should be good to go by St. Pat's Day

I know the feeling...we were in two accidents, neither our fault and neither driver had insurance and one didn't have a license....:mad:

No license, no insurance. And Lefties wonder why people are trying to curb immigration. At least the guy had a green card.

Glad to hear you weren't hurt. That's most important.

Bummer! My very first car got knocked off the road by a guy without a license or insurance. Wasn't that he was illegal, he had 8 DUI's! Unfortunately, New York was no fault at the time. I was picking glass slivers out of my head for years.

At least you're okay. Do premiums really go up regardless of who's found at fault?

Bernie Brewer said:
No license, no insurance. And Lefties wonder why people are trying to curb immigration. At least the guy had a green card.

Glad to hear you weren't hurt. That's most important.

Oh, come on. Short of Pat Buchanan I don't think there's anybody who doesn't see the economic and cultural benefits of legal immigration. It's pretty sad that people try to see a causal link b/w the guy having been born elsewhere and his being irresponsible.

:D Between this and the guy in the other thread who doesn't believe in global warming, I suddenly feel like a radical. Damn, sorry for being so political today. I should drink beer instead.

No license and no insurance, doesn't the guy at least go to jail for breaking the law?

That sucks budz, but at least you are all right.

Good to hear you walked away from that one dude, not the best luck with cars the last few months for you.

I dont know about you, but it seems like no one is ever ahead in the game. Theres always some wrench that gets thrown in the gears just when things start to look up.

Man, the guy was an illegal immigrant, driving illegally x2 (no license, no insurance.) Legally, the guy shouldn't even BE here...you'd think they could arrest given those circumstances. BS I say.:mad:

Chaos_Being said:
Man, the guy was an illegal immigrant, driving illegally x2 (no license, no insurance.) Legally, the guy shouldn't even BE here...you'd think they could arrest given those circumstances. BS I say.:mad:

I don't know if he's an illegal immigrant, it didn't sound that way from what the cop said since the guy did have a state issued ID, unfortunately it wasn't a driver's license. And to get arrested in New Haven I'm fairly certain you have to shoot a couple people...

That sucks man. But like others have said, at least you are OK now.

He's driving illegally without a license or insurance, he runs a stop sign and injures someone, and all he gets is a ticket??? *sigh* I'm pissed for you.

c.n.budz said:
Yup, at least I hadn't grown attached to the new car yet. May the Saab rest in peace...

Saab? Good riddance!;)

Just kidding, sorry to hear about this. I just moved back 'home' to Florida and have already witnessed 4 accidents. And I don't mean drove by the wreckage, its been a little over one month and I saw someone hit someone else on 4 seperate occasions. I'm just waiting for it to be me. :mad:

Man, there seems to be some Saab haters around here:rolleyes: :) . If this had happened in my old Integra, I'd probably be dead. Say what you will about Saabs, but that thing was built like a tank compared to my old car.

c.n.budz said:
To top it all off, the guy that hit me had no license and no insurance, so now my insurance has to cover me, which means my rates are going to jump through the roof. I could sue the guy, but what's the point? From what the cop said, the guy wasn't even a US citizen as the only ID he had was a New Haven immigrant ID. If you're going to drive around without a license or insurance, wouldn't you be very careful to obey all traffic laws???...

Sue him anyway, I'd say. The problem with immigration is that for the most part there really is no incentive for them to become legal.

They get paid tax free under the table or use someone elses SSN. They get reduced or free health care. And they smash into legal abiding drivers in their un-insured SUVS with a slap on the wrist. IIRC, there is no citizenship or legal resident requirement for auto-insurance.

Make that fu*ker pay by dragging his as* to court. If nothing else, he'll be too chickensh*t to show and that will put a warrant on his tail. My wife and I spent 4 years and nearly $2K on immigration proceedings. My wife is now a naturalized citizen and she is more passionate about the immigration situation than I am.

The INS may be an overfunded, understaffed, undertrained, forrest of paperwork joke. But it is our system and has laws to protect it and us.

Latest posts

Back