Too soon?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DukeBrew

Reaction score
Bottled a week ago and have a party tonight thinking about taking a six because people want to try it I know it won't be as good as it could be but the people drinking it probably won't know the difference anyways so I guess my question is should I take it or not? Will it be carbonated? Thanks

On average,it won't have much carbonation at all. And the flavor conditioning may be sweet or bitter,not yet balanced. Only aging can do that.

do you want your friends to think you are a great brewer or a sub-par brewer?

Haha fair enough then wait they shall it's a porter any advice on how long to wait most say two weeks at to earliest but I took a little taste at bottling and it was pretty good

The only way to know for sure is to chill one and try it out yourself first. I always give my beers a taste one week after bottling just to see how they're doing.

Definitely wait. Tell them it wil be ready soon.

Three weeks at 70 degrees is the baseline for most beers. Cooler temps or higher gravity can make it take longer.

Of course, you may also see improvement after three weeks. :)

The hardest lesson I learned was patience! That and to not tell people you have a beer coming soon.

My first was good after 6 days, but it was a lower alc brown ale. It was definetly carbonated. If its a porter I would definitely wait.

I would wait. My very first batch of a red irish ale took a good 6 weeks before it got really well carbonated. Its now 7 months old and one of my best brews so far. If your impatient you can do what I did and get 3-4 more fermentors. I basically have a batch ready to bottle every week now. I am also doing smaller 2.5 gallon batches so I can try as many recipes as I can find. :)

oh god if it is a porter you DO NOT want to serve it after a week in the bottle. mine really aren't good until 8 weeks from brew day, including at least 3 in the bottle

Latest posts

Back