Time sensitive ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traingocnb

Reaction score
I have what may or may not be a problem. I made a Morgan's kit (
can) of Canadian light for my wife. It was pretty much done fermenting in the bucket and I racked it to a glass carboy. It is ready to bottle but my problem is I'm going to be away for a week and will not be able to get it bottled. How much is it going to harm it sitting in the carboy for an extra week or possibly even a week and a half? Or will it bother it at all? As always, thanks for your help.

As long as it stays at a reasonable temperature, an additional week or so shouldn't matter. Any damage done by racking to secondary is already done. But that a separate thread...

As long as it stays at a reasonable temperature, an additional week or so shouldn't matter. Any damage done by racking to secondary is already done. But that a separate thread...
Damage Done by racking to secondary? I wasn't aware there was any damage. Can you point me to the thread please? Lol

Secondary is a little controversial but the consensus seems to be it is unnecessary and potentially damaging in most home brewing situations. As with all things beer, not everyone agrees with this. I think there must be dozens of threads that discuss the subject.

I have what may or may not be a problem. I made a Morgan's kit (
can) of Canadian light for my wife. It was pretty much done fermenting in the bucket and I racked it to a glass carboy. It is ready to bottle but my problem is I'm going to be away for a week and will not be able to get it bottled. How much is it going to harm it sitting in the carboy for an extra week or possibly even a week and a half? Or will it bother it at all? As always, thanks for your help.
A couple of extra weeks won't hurt and might even help.

Latest posts

Back