• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois Three Tier Brewing Setup for Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost_Arkitekt

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Get into All-Grain with this incredible brewstand. I'm trying to upgrade to a bigger set-up, so I'd love to sell this. I've only brewed 8 batches on it. I designed and welded it myself. I had the thing powder coated, but wasn't "flame resistant"/"heat resistant" powder coating. A wire brush and some engine manifold paint will fix that if it bothers you.

What you get...

* Three Tier Stand with two (2) 23 jet Propane burners, valves and high pressure regulator. Also contains two stainless windscreens.

* HLT (Keggle) with Sight Glass, Ball Valve, Thermowell and Thermometer, and stainless braid for extra measure.

* 60 Qt. Mash Tun -- Igloo "Ice Cube" with water in valve, wort out valve, Blichmann Auto-Sparge (awesome), and digital mash thermometer...along with stainless/copper manifold in bottom.

* Brew Kettle (Keggle) with quick connect inlet from Mash Tun. This inlet feeds a copper tube to bottom of keggle. This tube can be bent with tubing bender to be used as a "whirlpool". Also includes a Midwest Brewing false bottom, a thermowell and thermometer, and a sight glass

All sight glasses are calibrated. Thermowells filled with silicone grease to be more accurate. System is piped and valved...just hook up propane and go.

Although this is a gravity feed system, it is a PITA to move brew kettle high enough to transfer to fermenter, so I'm including a Chugger, stainless steel inline pump. I'm also including a Duda Diesel B3-23A 20 Plate heat exchanger. If interested, I can throw in a homemade immersion chiller for pre-chilling the water/wort. Also included are all the hoses (1/2" thick walled silicone) and quick connects (from BrewHardware.com) to get started. (I have to swap some during the brew process...don't have separate lines for every function. After mashing, I move them to transfer to boil kettle, then swap to fermenter, etc.)

Buying all the keggles, thermowells, thermometers, pump, plate chiller, etc., and fitting it all out would cost upwards of $3500. (Ask anyone who has built a 3V system and bought each piece/fitting/etc.) Since this is used (again...only 8 batches), I'm asking $2650 -- or best offer.

Including a pic of original fire up without windscreens, plate chiller or many other components. If warranted, I can't take pics of other stuff. I'll also deliver within Chicago city limits. If outside the city limits (reasonable distance in the burbs), I'll charge $30 for gas and time.

pg-cl-01.jpg

pg-brewstand.jpg

Back