• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New Jersey Three SS 7Gal UNItanks with Glycol Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby_M

Vendor and Brewer
HBT Sponsor
Reaction score
I've gone down the path of overbuilding my cold side system and decided to back off a bit.

unitanks.jpg

Two of these three 7 gallon SS Brewtech UNItanks have been used about 5 times each. The third one was out of the box for about 4 months and have had hot PBW in it once (no fermentations).

#1 Used 7 gallon UNItank, heat wrap under the jacket (aftermarket). 22 watt DC submersible pump with DC power supply and insulated hoses and QDs at the coil. Carb stone modified with welded gas ball lock QD post. Includes Inkbird 308 controller. A similar setup from SS is about $1100 new. I'm looking for $800 firm.

#2 Used 7 gallon UNItank, heat wrap under the jacket (aftermarket). 22 watt DC submersible pump with DC power supply and insulated hoses and QDs at the coil. Carb stone modified with welded gas ball lock QD post. Includes Inkbird 308 controller. A similar setup from SS is about $1100 new. I'm looking for $800 firm.

#3 Newish/Open Box 7 gallon UNItank, heat wrap under the jacket (aftermarket). 22 watt DC submersible pump. (24V DC power supply not included) and hoses and QDs at the coil. Includes Inkbird 308 controller. A similar setup from SS is about $1100 new. I'm looking for $900 firm.

glycol.jpg

#4 5000 BTU glycol chiller with 3.5 gallon insulated tank. This was a DIY build based on a brand new air conditioner. Glycol temp controlled by a ITC-1000 controller that reads in Celcius. Recovers very quickly. Can handle cold crashing at least two fermenters to 37F in 75F ambient temps (likely can handle more but that's all I've tested so far). Includes 3 gallons of glycol/water mix (1 gal glycol and 2 gallons of distilled water) $400 firm.

If you buy all three tanks and the glycol unit ($2900), I'll include the stainless table for free (was also brand new when I set the tanks up this year).

Pickup in NJ, no shipping.

Hi Bobby,

Just out of curiosity, what are the dimensions of the SS table that the unitanks are sitting on?

Curious to know how many of these are still available and which are spoken for? Thank you in advance.

Ok then, I'm down to the last Unitank (#3 the open box but unused one) and the DIY glycol chiller.

To be clear, the tank is this one: https://www.ssbrewtech.com/collections/all-unitanks/products/7-gal-unitank

As of right now, the only upgrades it has on it is an aftermarket heating pad fitted behind the jacket, $800 firm... do the math.

The glycol chiller is $400. I'm going to take a video showing how fast this thing chills so I can put the glycol/water solution into jugs. I've been keeping it cold to show potential buyers up to this point.

Still not ready to consider shipping.

Back