Thoughts on my "Whatever I have - IPA"?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matheos

Reaction score
Hello guys. I am half planning my fourth batch. I am an extract brewer due to limitations in terms of equipment. In my freezer I have 36g enigma hops, 74g cascade and 100g chinook. I ´have so far only done SMaSHes so I wanted to expirement and try something different with various hops and different additions. This is what I have so far. Please critique the order amounts and so on. I have kept the chinook a bit lower than cascade as I know chinook is quite potent. I am using Enigma for bitterness as I don't need to use a lot, but I also dry hop the rest because I want some flavour out of it as I don't know anything about it. That is kind of the logic I am going with. Note that I am only boiling about 1kg of extract along with the hops, again for limitations in my equipment. I want to use the hops I have, but I am open to changing malt extract and other things. Chose us-05 as I have experience from using it.

1618237698950.png

Ops I now realise I am using LME but I was going for DME. Also adjsuted some other things to achieve an "English IPA".
1618304452546.png

Back