This mr beer tastes like

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erick0619

Reaction score
Cheap champagne but you know what I'm enjoying it. I can't wait for my porter to finish it's 3 week conditioning period feb 13 couldn't be here any sooner

Congrats, sounds like your first brew. If so, welcome to the hobby.

Just as an FYI, there is a lot of good info on the beginner's forum on modifying Mr.Beer kits. Mosly, it involves replacing the added corn sugar with additional malt extract, and adding extra hops to the recipes. Also, playing around with fermentation variables like ferm temp can also alter the taste of final product. Hope you enjoy the porter and keep brewing.

Not to mention using better yeast than those kits supply. A decent yeast alone can make a difference but steeping specialty grains and adding hops as Pie Man mentioned, is the way to improve those kits.

Oh I moved on from the mr beer after the first batch haha the porter I have right now is a 5 gallon kit from bsg or something like that

When I finally decided to click on this one,seeing "this mr beer taste like...",I thought the worst. I thought I was going to see something on the order of "...tastes like T-Rex wizz fermented with mummified monkey nutz". My bad.
:D:mug:

Hahaha oh man am I glad it didn't taste like that

Brahahahaha

Probably cuz those kits weigh in at a wopping 3.5% abv or something? Which doesn't even qualify for a commercial light beer standard in general. They have other kits though and Im even curious about the diablo which I almost got once, still considering it though to try just to try Mr Beer once.

Back