This might be a little embarassing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fudd

Reaction score
So just for fun. Has anyone ever wanted to start a batch and was missing some equipment? One time I didn't have a grain steeping bag, so I cut off half a pair of my girlfriend's nylons, sterilized it and used that instead. It seemed to work pretty well. Anyone ever do that? or improvize other equipment?

When someone talks of putting a sock full of hops in, what do you think they are talking about?

On my last batch before I transferred from my secondary to my bottling bucket I looked in my bucket and thought "I thought I had already poured the one step out of that thing, oh well." About the time I finished I realized that was my dissolved corn suger. Smoooth. That batch had to get by with regular sugar.

The brew turned out OK, which was cool. It kinda showed me that this ain't rocket science.

Fudd said:
... so I cut off half a pair of my girlfriend's nylons, sterilized it and used that instead. ...

Back when I was still doing extract brews, I actually found them on sale when I was grocery shopping and bought them for hop bags. They work great!

Latest posts

Back