This Is Not A Post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Jelly Beans

• For The Horde!

• FTW!

• ftl

• Beer!

• Black Jelly Bean Beer!

• !

• Dickey's wtfBBtheQhax

• WELOVETHEMOONBECAUSEITISCLOSETOUS!

• New Kittah In Mah House!

• H1N1 McLovin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Is this going to have potential? You have really big shoes to fill...It's really hard for a musician or author to have a decent sequel to a hit album or novel....and your first drukken rambling is a web classic that has been linked on other forums.

So is this going to be another; Hootie and the Blowfish's "Fairweather Johnson", or Meat Loaf's "Dead Ringer", or Asia's " Alpha." :D

Rewe? I is famous?

I always thought it would be for a death bed confessional.

Dude, while you were vanished, in that other dimension, or imprisoned for you crimes against code monkeys, your porch couch thread became legendary (kept alive by folks like me of course) some dude even has it in their sig in some conspiracy theory forum...look at the "Link BacK" box at the bottom of the porch thread. In fact "Porch Couches" became the new anarchist's anti establishement symbol....

You're like the new "V"

v_for_vendetta.jpg

Code monkeys quake in fear at the mere mention of the great Zul'jin.

:D

wow! anmd i mean WOW not WoW. I mean i alwasy mean WoWW. but wow. So yeah, black jelly beans you aetiehr lobe em or hate em. noone is like :eek:h i cantake or leabe em. its a passion! fk you passion and you too sheniqua! i saw a real Jugalo one day recently and in treal life not the internet ewhwre they all ive. man, i wanted to kick his ass and then be his friend. weird how that works. ihad an unlce who had a black labrodorr dog who loved blkack jeely beans. so did ny uncle, no he never touched me. sage words of adive, never let your uncle touch you . a guy at work who worked at taco Tico told me that and he told e cerado, go to the other recepticle.

so thig guy, differnet guy for m taco tico, he says me beer is "too much", really good but too much? wtf@ Im not charging him for it. he did brng dome agave wheat beer to me from some place. it has a meskin skull with a hat on it on it so thats cooland its really good too. you know some bber has a cool lable and really sucks. this one has cool insidies too.

Oh! and while i was away just away not like that time when i was in prison. look for $6 you can go too. but they wont let you stay. We got a new kitty. its a stray from work and its the BITINGEST KITTY EVER. all it does in bite me. it bite me my hand and face and arm and feet too. Right now it is looking out the window at a catus that i got by the railroad tracks, it was one pad but now is a whoe big cactus. it the cat, probablly wants to bite that too.

And at work where i work we are all getting trained an HIn1 FLU VIRUS. the pig flu. I am like, i dont need to wash my hnads cause i didnt touch no pig peckers in there. there is not even pisgs is there. they live outside and the bathroom is inside and besides it aonlyhas a shower. and we wahs our boots there anyway. so they make me the trainer and i am gonna qauratine anyone who looks sick. I cal my place fo rthem camp recovery. Its very nice and has a lot of security. lets see the germs get past the razor wire and lazer achine guns. the whole place is covered in purell that is over 60% alcohol. one guy alrady tried to drink it. oh it burns it burns he says! wellgusess what, dont wipe your butt with tose wet naps either, they are not baby worpes. and in addition to all that i have catapults that launch purell and antimicrobial sanitizer laotion throwers. moar like spwerers. and do you know what peple thing when youare walking arounf with a gallon jug of lotion on 10 boxes of klenex? things that get them sent to camp recovery. you will be healed! w ehave sofas, you know that.

lemme twell you wahts gonna happen oK! a drkn mans worts are the governemnts thoughts! they are going to send us all to camp recoveryies! and give us those cancer drugs and not the ones fron oh canada that work. oh Canada. a country that had RUSH sign the national anthem is OK. Now red wagon or something signs lunatic fringe. tHATS a great song!

On you tube is let the bodies hit the floor with benny hin. FUNNY! If i wa shim, him is hin, haha, i would be knocking over othe rpeople than those. like WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA you go down!

An di got Jason as my ring tone. it a all duunna dunna dunna dun dun dunna dunaa dunaa when peopel cal me. and theres more to thast music too, cool

So yeah if i wanted ot flaovor beer with black jelly beans how i do that?

So yeah if i wanted ot flaovor beer with black jelly beans how i do that?

Well I would think a nice Belgian Wit would work with black jelly beans.

My nephew who was the vitner of a large homebrew club uses to make some really awesome schnapps by melting in a double boiler Jolly rancher candies, and adding that to a liquor base.

You could try something similar, melt down some jelly beans (whatever your favorite brand is..don't go cheap) with some water in a double boiler....I don't know where I would add it though, in the boil, in primary after fermentation slows down, or add it in secondary (probably not, 'cause you don't really use a secondary for a wit, since you want some cloudiness.)

I guess I would add it to my primary after the krausen fell.

Now I don't know how much to use though....it depends on how liccorice like you want it....I would boil/dissolve whatever amount in about two cups of water.

Hmmm...I wonder if you could use it as your priming solution at bottling time?!?!

Hey didja hear they are filming a new version of Red Dawn here in Michigan? I dunno how I feel about it...but it is interesting.

congraTS ON THe the kity. and word up about the wet naps they will rost your butox.
i learnd that the hard way after a harible hot painful dump, eat a **** tome of mexican food amnd and got that spaistic bowls. made a huge mess and thought some wet naps may be the obnly way out. worng should have just took a shower.

Instead of using black jelly beans, would anise (and a little fennel) give the same flavor profile without all the double boiler hassle?

But it wouldn't actually BE a jelly bean beer would it?

And what the heck is the hassle with a double boiler? You take one saucepan and put water in it, then you place another inside that one? That's "complicated?" It's no more complicated that boiling up priming sugar or making invert/belgian candy sugar.....Just that you are using on pan inside of another. Which you might not even need anyway. But still, how is that less complicated than trying to figure out exactly the right combination of anise and fennel?

I would try a black jelly bean beer. Sounds strange but worth a try. Can't be any worse than the pizza beer I have seen.

congraTS ON THe the kity. and word up about the wet naps they will rost your butox.
i learnd that the hard way after a harible hot painful dump, eat a **** tome of mexican food amnd and got that spaistic bowls. made a huge mess and thought some wet naps may be the obnly way out. worng should have just took a shower.

Damng! that is soem serious **** righ tthere1

But it wouldn't actually BE a jelly bean beer would it?

And what the heck is the hassle with a double boiler? You take one saucepan and put water in it, then you place another inside that one? That's "complicated?" It's no more complicated that boiling up priming sugar or making invert/belgian candy sugar.....Just that you are using on pan inside of another. Which you might not even need anyway. But still, how is that less complicated than trying to figure out exactly the right combination of anise and fennel?

You're right, double boiling isn't much of a hassle. I'm just trying to suggest an alternative that maybe wasn't thought of yet. Also, I'm speaking for myself only, but it's way easier to look up a licorice recipe and get a baseline correct amount of herbs than to mess with jelly beans. With the herbs, taste every few days and take out when appropriate (at least with wine. not sure about beer). With melted jelly beans, once they're in, they're in.

now my wife isd saying tyeah asnd you still have to run in th enude magic. OK! :rockin:

I think you guys missed this. (it's pretty easy to miss things in Z's posts :D). Here's praying beer boner didn't kill the code monkey love. :mug:

EDIT: code! :D

Latest posts

Back