The stupidest comment on your beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Upon telling my father I was brewing.

Father "You better drink it sitting on the toilet."

I think I posted this before, but the day after my brother had tried a couple of my beers he commented on how much they made him fart. He apparently had drunk them straight from the bottle and did a full tilt chug of the last couple of ounces from each bottle. He's your typical BMC drinker so he knows nothing about the potential effects that come from consuming roused yeasts. And yes, I did tell him to pour the beer, don't swirl, and leave the last 1/8" in the bottle. To make matters worse, he tossed out one of my best bomber bottles. Next time, he's getting a week old beer in a crappy bottle.

Don't tell me my beer makes you fart like a rhino in an onion patch.

I think I posted this before, but the day after my brother had tried a couple of my beers he commented on how much they made him fart. He apparently had drunk them straight from the bottle and did a full tilt chug of the last couple of ounces from each bottle. He's your typical BMC drinker so he knows nothing about the potential effects that come from consuming roused yeasts. And yes, I did tell him to pour the beer, don't swirl, and leave the last 1/8" in the bottle. To make matters worse, he tossed out one of my best bomber bottles. Next time, he's getting a week old beer in a crappy bottle.

Don't tell me my beer makes you fart like a rhino in an onion patch.

Serves the right for being dumba$$es. I have told this people that I gave beer. Yes, they fail to follow instructions even after an explanation.

I told the guy it would make him fart like a mofo, but he chose to ignore this instruction. Then had the same comment about it makes him gassy.

I asked if they poured the beer in glasses. His reply, No! We aren't wusses. I'm like you must be, you're bitching about your farts! I reminded him again about the yeast. My thinking, you are a wussy and a frickin idiot...

No more beer for you since you more or less called me a wuss.

If being a wuss means me not fumigating the house, then yeah....I'm definitely one of those. Somehow my wife always knows when I've taken a hyrdo sample. ;)

Resent being called a wuss since I am certainly not. I just know better than to drink the yeast at the bottom of a bottle (Except for Hefeweizens). However, if I do I don't ***** about the fact that I drank too much and have beer farts.

I will drink the beer from a hydro sample. 9 of 10 times its ready to be drank anyhow. Most of my moist gas is from the food. Like pickled eggs and sausage, chips and salsa, gyros, chili....etc.

In general, I don't complain about my own farts!!! Thats SWMBOs Job! :D

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has gotten this, but I was talking to a coworker about homebrewing and he went "You make beer? You mean like moonshine or real beer?"

My BIL wont try mine.
He said he had moonshine once, and spent a day on the crapper.
He doesn't want to go through that again....:drunk:

Other BIL wil always try some, but he doesnt drink beer at all anyway.:confused:
He is just trying to be nice, and I do appreciate that, but I know no matter what he wont really like it.

Other friends keep asking if I have anything ready. They all love the 'dark' beers :rockin:

( and I just spent two days reading this entire thread...)

My BIL wont try mine.
He said he had moonshine once, and spent a day on the crapper.
He doesn't want to go through that again....:drunk:

Other BIL wil always try some, but he doesnt drink beer at all anyway.:confused:
He is just trying to be nice, and I do appreciate that, but I know no matter what he wont really like it.

Other friends keep asking if I have anything ready. They all love the 'dark' beers :rockin:

( and I just spent two days reading this entire thread...)

Congrats on post #1!!!! :rockin:

My thinking, you are a wussy and a frickin idiot...

That's my general opinion about most people I meet, most people go trough their lives like freaking robots that wouldn't dare to go on un-ventured roads like trying a new kind or style of beer...
Most people are just that... fraidy cowards that do exactly like they always were told to do and think exactly like they were raised to think.

And IMO, this is also why things do not evolve very quickly on this sorry planet.

I keep most of my beer to myself, and maybe to a few worthy friends that have a clue.

That's my general opinion about most people I meet, most people go trough their lives like freaking robots that wouldn't dare to go on un-ventured roads like trying a new kind or style of beer...
Most people are just that... fraidy cowards that do exactly like they always were told to do and think exactly like they were raised to think.

And IMO, this is also why things do not evolve very quickly on this sorry planet.

I keep most of my beer to myself, and maybe to a few worthy friends that have a clue.

Dr. House? I think I have Lupus.

Every BMC person says the same thing when I say I homebrew "Does it taste good" No its horrible. I love a hobby where I can create terrible beer and drink it!!! Somebody help me!!!!

"does it have alcohol?"

in which I reply "no" so they don't want any. which they don't deserve anyway

My wife's boss is convinced that my beer is full of "contaminants" and "infections" because he "heard" from someone who "knows about beer" that that's what happens when you try to homebrew.

So if she ever complains about a headache or cough -- or even the time she got pinkeye -- he immediately suspects my beer.

The man is a dentist.

My wife's boss is convinced that my beer is full of "contaminants" and "infections" because he "heard" from someone who "knows about beer" that that's what happens when you try to homebrew.

So if she ever complains about a headache or cough -- or even the time she got pinkeye -- he immediately suspects my beer.

The man is a dentist.

Prolly not very good one, if really thinks that.

People are retarded. My roommate STILL thinks that "homebrew" gives him hangovers.

No, strong, flavorful beer gives you hangovers. PBR doesn't because it's practically water.

On my Really Good Brown Ale at 8%ABV

From a Really Good Friend who grew up in Milwaukee:
Mike: "It tastes ok man... you got too much yeast in it though"

Me: "You can actually tell how many yeast I used?"

Mike: "Oh yeah! This is gonna gimme da Schitz man! But it tastes ok man."

Me : "Here! Gimme That then.... go back to your damn Heineken!"

Mike: "I like Witbiers man, dey don't gimme da Schitz!"

Me: "SHUT UP about da Schitz! That was a Brewery where you were born"

From my Brother:
" Kinda reminds me of Ribbon Cane Syrup ..... you know the stuff that's probably too old to use on your pan cakes?"

On the Fizzy Yellow Ale from Cooper's Malt Kit

"I like it! Especially the Bubbles!!"

I got a "Brewed in your bathtub?" this past weekend, but I'm pretty sure he was joking... Pretty sure.

At a dinner party last night there was a lengthy debate over whether "pruno" or "toilet wine" was the correct prison terminology for my apfelwein.

Last weekend I was enjoying a Delerium Tremens and let somenone take a sip. They responded " echhh! Tastes just like Guinness!" I said " Guinness as in Stout? It is a completely different beer". "Yeah like Guinness" they said.

:confused: They need their taste buds evaluated.

Some guys at work today were talking about how people would make wine on the boats (I work for a towboating company) so I chimed in that I make my own beer and just made an Apfel Wine. Then one of them says, "Oh, lord. Now his house is going to burn down." and they all start laughing. I didn't even respond, just walked away.

Back