The Spokane Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also KDS + BBomb + spice wars KDS + Coffee BBomb all on tap NYE at Steel Barrel.

Also also Chad is bringing the oyster game to the Kan. I'm getting gout that night.

Bookmarked for my August conference.

inb4
giphy.gif

After all my trips to Spokane I'm finally doing one with a free evening. What's the best beer Spokane has to offer? I'll be there 4/10, should be free from ~5pm.

After all my trips to Spokane I'm finally doing one with a free evening. What's the best beer Spokane has to offer? I'll be there 4/10, should be free from ~5pm.
Great food can be had at Zona Blanca- also JoeLikesBeer bartends there sometimes and might still have his brewery in an adjacent brewery incubator. There’s still a bunch of Fremont on the shelves. Doubt you’ll see brew3000 but the rest can be found. Manito Tap House usually has something nice and Republic Pi is across the parking lot (same vibe/owners as Flying Goat).

Great food can be had at Zona Blanca- also JoeLikesBeer bartends there sometimes and might still have his brewery in an adjacent brewery incubator. There’s still a bunch of Fremont on the shelves. Doubt you’ll see brew3000 but the rest can be found. Manito Tap House usually has something nice and Republic Pi is across the parking lot (same vibe/owners as Flying Goat).
Woo, thanks! I only have one night and I'm not sure how much time during the even, so I probably won't be able to do all of this! If you had to pick one place for dinner and one for some beers afterward, which would you pick?

Woo, thanks! I only have one night and I'm not sure how much time during the even, so I probably won't be able to do all of this! If you had to pick one place for dinner and one for some beers afterward, which would you pick?
Zona Blanca if you like ceviche. Grab a beer or two then walk over to whistle punk for more beers. They’re prolly cranking out best local brews IMO.

If you don’t care for ceviche, iron goat makes a awesome bahn mi pizza and decent beers. If you wanna just get takeout and crush beers my go to these days downtown is community pint, but they generally do not serve food (carts sometimes).

Of note: manito tap house is closed (bankrupt)

I'm at iron goat now if anyone's in the area and wants to meet up! Turns out my client's building basically shuts down at 4 so I have a pretty open evening.

So this is a pretty cool town. Reminds me of the industrial parts of Oakland. I wish I could've stayed longer at community pint, it seemed like a fun spot and the trivia night was packed. Iron goat was good, really liked the sours. Hopefully I'll be back soon and can do a few more things!

So this is a pretty cool town. Reminds me of the industrial parts of Oakland. I wish I could've stayed longer at community pint, it seemed like a fun spot and the trivia night was packed. Iron goat was good, really liked the sours. Hopefully I'll be back soon and can do a few more things!
would've loved to meet up but in middle of 7 day stretch on call.

Back