THE Pol, NEW BABY!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our nurses were great... they said.

"yah... anything in here, here... here... oh and over here... feel free to take it"

So... we felt free. The machine in the second pic is a BiliBlanket. Although, he doenst really need it currently, the doc has to release him from it tomorrow. It is cool though, he glows at night HA HA

Congrats! I hope you got plenty of rest during the pregnancy :mug:

I am lucky I suppose. SWMBO wakes up with the baby... she doesnt want me to be interrupted. I do take care of a lot around the house as it is... and I have a full time job. Granted, at my job I am away from home for 4 days a week, completely un-interrupted anyway.

I am lucky, most women will require thier hubbys to wake up at night too... mine wants me to sleep as I have plenty on my plate already. Being a mom IS her job, so she takes care of it. Again, I am lucky and in the minority I suppose. I am actually getting a brew day in next week!!! ;)

It is cool though, he glows at night HA HA
We had on of these as well. Have some neat Alien pictures of him glowing in the dark with those felt glasses on :)

I am lucky I suppose. SWMBO wakes up with the baby... she doesnt want me to be interrupted. I do take care of a lot around the house as it is... and I have a full time job. Granted, at my job I am away from home for 4 days a week, completely un-interrupted anyway.

I am lucky, most women will require thier hubbys to wake up at night too... mine wants me to sleep as I have plenty on my plate already. Being a mom IS her job, so she takes care of it. Again, I am lucky and in the minority I suppose. I am actually getting a brew day in next week!!! ;)

Yes, I suppose you are VERY lucky!!!

Ever being a researcher... I fixed my baby.

You see, the first few days that Robert was home, he was so content, ate so well, slept so well... just a joy. Then, about a day or two ago that all ended. Very wrestless, spitting up, edgy... didnt sleep well at all.

Doing some research and looking at his feeding chart here at home, I realized that this all began when he started to east 2.5 ounces and sometimes 3 ounces. A typical newborn stoamch will only hold 2 ounces... we were looking at reflux. This is why he wouldnt sleep, wrestless and spitting up.

I told SWMBO to feed him ONLY 2oz at each feeding, if he fed more often, so be it. Last night SWMBO said was picture perfect... he fed every 2-3 hours, no spit up, slept ALL the time and never cried.

I dont know HOW you woud handle this with breast feeding, unless you pump, since you need to measure and track the formula amounts.

For now, baby Robert is back to his joyous and happy self... but an FYI to new dads, if this is an issue, keep in mind they will eat more than they can stomach! Also, you can elevate thier mattress about 15 degrees to help with reflux!

Back