The Morning Receipt Recollection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MetallHed

Reaction score
I'm a third shifter, so I'm currently at work, working my arse off (not).

I get done at 8am and my fiance gets done at 11am. I usually go to bed at about 1pm and wake up at 9pm to be at work at 12am.

Yesterday she comes home and says:
"We're meeting [friend] at the 'Beam (bar)."
"Okay."

So we go to the bar and I tell her I want to be home by 1 so we can sleep, so only a beer or two. We start shooting darts and have a couple of beers. I look at my watch, 1245. Perfect. So we start saying our goodbyes and the friend we met there starts boo-hooing.

"No, don't go. One more. One more. You'll get sleep, don't worry."
"Okay."

So at this time my fiance notices that pitchers are only 4.50. Cool. We drink the pitcher and now it's about 1320 or so. Okay, fine. I'll still get 8 hours, no problem.

Wait. Fiance says,
"I want another one. It'll be quick, I promise."
"Okay."

Another pitcher. Right after I pour our glasses the friend says they want to have a chugging contest with my fiance (she is actually a pretty fast chugger.. is that a word?). So she kicks their ass.

"Okay, babe. We gotta drink this and go. I'm tired."
"I'm full. I just drank that whole beer."
-facepalm-

I drink the entire pitcher as fast as I could because I was tired.

Well now it was about 1430 and not only am I tired, but I stand up and realize I'm drunk too. I give the keys to my fiance so she can drive. She decides that we need to get something for lunches at work so we go to the grocery store.

We walk in and have an encounter with a stupid old lady who handed me a sample of a pumpkin cream cheese pie. Goddammit.

We walk down the cereal aisle. On the way to the checkouts I notice the discount beer and booze bin.

I get home and pass out at about 1530.

I wake up at 2200, pee, and look at my wallet to assess the damage. Empty, except for a reciept:

An industrial sized bag of Marshmallow Munchies, two one liter growlers of an IPA and oatmeal stout, and a pumpkin creamcheese pie.

Cereal, 2 beers, and a motherf*&#ing pie. 30 dollars.

God sometimes I think I should quit drinking.

But I am looking forward to that pie.....

Latest posts

Back