The Last day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budbo

Beer is good
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Tomorrow is my last day in Uniform.. ever (I refuse to be one of those 80 year old farts wearing my medal rack to a parade) After 24 years, consisting of my entire Adult life I am not going to be in the service anymore... kind of a weird feeling...

My Wheat should be done carbonating so I'll be making a major dent in it tomorrow...... I fear change.

If I had stayed in for 24 years, I'd be wearing long-sleeved white leather jackets. Five was plenty, but I understand.

Freedom's just another word for more time to Brew!

Congrats, don't sweat it, trust me there is life after. Of course I was a quitter and only did 21.

I didn't shave or cut my hair for a year, I'm over that now.

Congrats also. But don't say never to putting the uniform on again for parades. I think that is one of the best ways that we who have never served can honor those of you who have. Memorial day here is one of my favorite parades. I have the utmost respect for you guys and I think you should feel that same way about yourselves. :mug:

the army reserves kicked me out after 2 years because i couldn't do 42 pushups in 2 minutes! stupid infantry. can ANYBODY here do 42 pushups with correct form in 2 minutes?! i could do 70 sit ups in 2 minutes, and run 2 miles in 9 minutes, but the pushups got me. so no college money, which is why i joined. college loans helped me after that anyways so no big loss. i got kicked out right before the first gulf war, so maybe that was good timing.

i just visited my uncle who was a helicopter pilot in vietnam. and my dad was in the marines (infantry) in vietnam. my father in law was on subs back in the 60's. i gotta respect ya'll even if i don't believe in the war against terror now.

it must be hard to get used to non-military life after so long, but relax and have a homebrew!!!

barrett

gremlin said:
the army reserves kicked me out after 2 years because i couldn't do 42 pushups in 2 minutes! stupid infantry. can ANYBODY here do 42 pushups with correct form in 2 minutes?! i could do 70 sit ups in 2 minutes, and run 2 miles in 9 minutes, but the pushups got me.

2 miles in 9 minutes?!!! Holy SH*#!!!!

I wish the Army would kick me out. I've done four years, but will most likely get extended past my five years for another deployment. These days, it seems like it is more and more difficult to get out. I'll bet that your 42 pushups would somehow get "fudged" up to the minimum, or the standard would be lowered. ;)
Consider yourself lucky :D

By the way, Budbo, congratulations! Hope you are transitioning well. More time for brewing?

Damn, I thought I replied to this?!

Congrats man, must be a good feeling. 7 years to go for me. I pray they go as fast as the first 13.

So what are your plans?

I did 20+ and the strangest thing happened the day I got out. I was scared. I had a job waiting, and a place to live, but nobody told me what to do when...
It passed in a week, and I got on with it. I appreciate all who serve and have served, no matter how much or how little, no matter what service. We owe so much to those before us. Put it on the ballot for a mandatory 2 year term for high school grads and let's have a vote!

Thoughts about those who serve and who have served are with me daily. It's tough to forget...

Back