The Kegerator Died!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddBaggins

cervisiam vitae
Reaction score
I had a Danby kegerator since 08. It took a dump last week. Good thing I only had 1 gallon of brew in there at the time. Drink up!! The temp control hadn't worked in at least a year and then the compressor went out.
Right now is a really bad time for us to be spending money. What to do?? I have 10 gallons of stuff that will need kegging soon. I told my wife I was going to bring the beer fridge in from the garage and convert the inside to be able to hold 2 cornies and still have shelving for my bottles.
I set the fridge up next to a butcher block table I had next to my old kegerator. I didn't like the idea of having a tap stick out of the front door or the side panel. I wanted to have the tap tower on the butcher block, next to the fridge.

I scrounged some wood pieces at work for the interior of the fridge and rigged up a shelving system. I had a piece of thin stainless sheet in the garage from some old project and I spent a total of $24 on various screws, insulation and a 1-5/8 hole saw. Drilled a couple holes in the side of the fridge and a big one thru the butcher block (that took a while) and some pilot holes for the screws. Done deal!
Now I need to keg some brew tonight. :mug:

I like the manifold to shelf setup - with that shelf will you be able to fit 2 cornys?

I like the manifold to shelf setup - with that shelf will you be able to fit 2 cornys?

Yep, I put two in there for a test fit. Not a lot of room over the top, but I left enough slack on the gas/beer line to hook them up outside then slide them in.

Latest posts

Back