The Great HBT Taco Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna be the first person in this thread to make duck confit :taco:'s. I sous vide'd a duck back in December, it's been mellowing in its own fat since then. I think shredding one of the breasts or thighs and tucking into a shell might just be the thing.

I'm gonna be the first person in this thread to make duck confit :taco:'s. I sous vide'd a duck back in December, it's been mellowing in its own fat since then. I think shredding one of the breasts or thighs and tucking into a shell might just be the thing.

Oh, hell. When can we get a :drool: smiley? This dang thread demands it waaaay too often!

Nice. You go, :taco: .

All :taco:'s are great! Some of the best I had is the skirt steak you can buy from your local Mexican grocery store that has been marinating in something I don't know what it is for several days. Grilled on a wood fire, served with homemade flour or corn tortillas, pico, guacamole, smoked peppers and definitely some home brew.

All :taco:'s are great! Some of the best I had is the skirt steak you can buy from your local Mexican grocery store that has been marinating in something I don't know what it is for several days. Grilled on a wood fire, served with homemade flour or corn tortillas, pico, guacamole, smoked peppers and definitely some home brew.

It's usually mojo criollo. Orange and lime juice and spices.

It's stupid good. I use Goya brand religiously but there are others.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1455593513.385127.jpg

giphy.gif

Fresh fried corn tortillas are the beeeest. Mmmmf. Gotta go with beef, too. It's a texture thing. Just meshes the best with fresh crunchy shells.

+9000 to op for making this thread

We were supposed to have tacos tonight until my wife saw we only had crunchy shells left. :(

She tried to make meatloaf tonight. I politely reminded her that it's :taco: Tuesday. We only had soft tortilla shells in the house, so I ran to the store and grabbed hard shells, some taco sauce, and some extra seasoning. Maybe I'll heat up a :taco: or 2 soon.

^Bad Boy^ ;)

I'm in Taco TimeOut after having ingested four tacos with flour tortillas that apparently weren't entirely cooked. Those &*#%@! tacos ended up forming a lime size wad that beat the living hell out of my digestive tract on its way to freedom.

Jeebus, I've had teeth extracted sans medication that hurt hella less than that...

Cheers! :drunk:

OIC. I don't get out much.

Crunchy shells, ground beef, hot sauce, lettuce, and mozzarella. AKA, 'Murican :taco:s.

IMG_20160217_194356.jpg

Back