The Etre/BiaB love/hate/?/rant thread...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone in Seattle have luck getting boxes directly from Etre? My last several have gone through JFK and I was thinking about risking it.
I've had 4-5 boxes shipped the past couple years. The first 2-3 actually went through JFK as well. But the last couple, including the summer pack, went through LAX. None were returned to Etre, though.

That said, once they contacted me about LAX and the box had Zenne, I wasn't taking a chance. It's out for delivery at my in-laws in Florida today.

If anyone needs a proxy I’m in Minneapolis, MN and aside from a single broken bottle have never had any issues. We always go through Chicago.

Some more data points from a Californian. I know 10 people that shipped their Zenne boxes through Etre. All of them went through LAX. 6 were sent back to Belgium. I’m one of the lucky 4 that arrived safely. It was expertly packed per usual. I guess I must have done something right to please the Lambic Gods.

Has anyone ever had a mistake happen on their order? I had a few of my items shipped to someone else with the same name as me. Etre is holding replacement items for me but saying it will ship with my next order. I don't want to order anything else but that's the only response i'm receiving. So i would essentially need to buy an extra item and pay for shipping again to get what I originally paid for.

I ordered from Etre again for the first time since the site refresh. Three weeks after departure from BEL I'm waiting for a sign of life. Why is it only Etre? When I order from BIAB or Belgian sellers on MBC I get my box within seven business days.

I ordered from Etre again for the first time since the site refresh. Three weeks after departure from BEL I'm waiting for a sign of life. Why is it only Etre? When I order from BIAB or Belgian sellers on MBC I get my box within seven business days.

You're suggesting that a customs hold or issue with USPS is to blame on Etre? Etre shipped me 4 boxes this month and all arrived within a week of the date I got tracking numbers.

It's not an Etre issue. I've received boxes from them in 5 days and 5 weeks. Same goes for BIAB and private shippers. It's all chance. Sounds like you've just been lucky.

For anybody curious here's the proxy comparison for the 3F Herfstpakket:

Etre: 32€ proxy + 95€ shipping: 127€ Total

BIAB: 36€ proxy + 80€ shipping: 116€ Total

And a months long wait from both of them until the dead of winter to ship. And absolute garbage packaging from Kurt and increasingly suspect packaging from EG. No thanks.

Anyone on the West Coast used Etre's 60-euro (extra) DHL option? If so, how did it go?

Anyone on the West Coast used Etre's 60-euro (extra) DHL option? If so, how did it go?
buddy of mine who lives near me did (San Jose, CA). He had a 3F box shipped and said it took less than a week to get over here. No issues at all

How long does it take to ship to the US from etre using the non-DHL option? I had heard awhile back that is was travelling via boat but am not sure if that is still the case

Took my two boxed a full month to reach me. Shipped June 16th and the second arrived today.Bad news if you don't want your beer cooked.

Seems like customs was seriously backed up but they may have opened the spigot so maybe things will move faster now?

I ordered a box through Etre and used the DHL option this week. It left Brussels Tuesday and got to my door in San Diego on Thursday, in pristine condition. Very nice.

I ordered a box through Etre and used the DHL option this week. It left Brussels Tuesday and got to my door in San Diego on Thursday, in pristine condition. Very nice.
Thanks for sharing! That's a quick turnaround. May consider going that route for my next shipment.

Back