the elusive pliney the younger...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fletchsj

Reaction score
Well I thought for sure i'd find a pint on my third try this year. Braving a downpour and and the evil parking maids of downtown Portland. I walk into Bailey's taproom. As I walk into the I see them putting up a sign that says.... Not Younger... Damn it! Damn it all to hell!!!

So as I sulk away after I order an Elder (ha ha I know) I find myself a table to air and start writing this post... I get a tap on the shoulder... Hello? "Hey did you want an Younger?" I answer... Um yeah! To my amazement and good fortune this nice guy had ordered 2 youngers and couldn't get to the second before he had to leave... I must have fallen under some strange and positive karma! So now I sit in front of both an Elder and a Younger. Delicious I am now happy!

So, kind sir, if by chance you read this... thank you ever so much. You made my day. You are the type of people that make Portland such an amazing and special place. Thanks

Delicious. So much different from elder. It was rich and full of body, yet the hops shined through and left you with building sensation of delicious resiney hops. Else kicks you in the mouth and doesn't appologize. Both are great yet each has its place.

I'm sitting on a bottle of 120 min but haven't mustered up the motivation to drink it yet. Also not sure if I should share it...

Dude probably slipped a rufy in there and is waiting outside. :D

Same rule for if I see beer under a propped up cage tied to a string... I know that's the perfect way to catch me, so I'll pass. ;)

they use GHB as a water softener up here... i think I'm safe ;-)

Also had Boulevard's chocolate ale while I was there... It was amazingly chocolaty! 10oz was far more than i needed... very rich! While Pliney's were delicious and all... I think it was a bit crazy for every shop who got a keg up here, sold out in 30 minutes ish. that is just crazy!

Back