The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a motto that I've told a couple of neighbors. I really don't care what u do at what time of night as long as no one gets hurt. But please respect my property and if you have a problem please talk to me. I literally had industrial strength fireworks going off in the neighborhood on the fourth. Everyone was pissed except me but when I ask u not to store your businesses landscaping property in my yard there's a huge problem. I need to drink more

Pretty sure my landscape business is not in your yard.. but if it is that would be some kinda cool spacial dimension warp that might be worth it's own thread !

If someone else's stuff is oozing into your yard, I suggest you post & stake bounds. If your not sure where bounds are and but pretty sure they have crossed over, pay of a survey. You do not want to loose any of your yard to adverse possession, nor should you have to put up w other's crap on your land.

l

Exactly. They were just trying to see what they could get away with. Across the street so not their land and a parking area next to my backyard. My main concern was the nice neighbor who has a fence next to it and his jacuzzi and outside dining area. They decided to park their trailers and gas cans for storage. I'm sure they could smell it and would be no time before that neighbor complained to me. Fences make good neighbors. I had a calm discussion asking not to store on my land. Things have settled down but...

Lol we've come to an agreement as it's never gotten heated with me. I just state common courtesy. The "the good neighbor" is more in a war with the nuisance neighbor. Distraction has been the savior. I even told the d!ck neighbor if he needed storage maybe we could come to agreement if you asked first.

I'd like to put a pond in my yard. Have perfect kettle holes and would help with the mosquitoes. I am out in the woods tho and the neighbors think it's ok to let their dogs run wild thru my yard. I'd have a stroke if I saw the unleashed great Dane tearing up the liner.
Wouldn’t you want a fence, at least around the pond, to keep kiddos out of it? I realize a Dane could likely easily jump over many heights of fencing.
Oh, and if you were to decide to grow water iris or lilies the compostEd manure that is a great fertilizer turns out to attract some dogs. My folks were baffled when they‘d get home and find their pots of lilies out of the pond dumped and smashed into the grass, until my mother saw a German Shepard rolling around in the muck like he couldn’t stand the stench of dog shampoo.
Other than that, very relaxing to have.🎣🐟

We have a bunch of wildlife besides the neighbors. There's a nice 20' diameter kettle hole that I've thought of. There's a couple of gardens I visit nearby that have the koi pond is amazingly relaxing. Like you said kids and we have bear and racoons that I'm sure would attack a fence. My main concern is something that would puncture the lining plus running and aeration system to it would be a pita. It's a dream 😁

The funny thing is my neighbors have right of way thru parts of my property. A huge meeting was done to protect the children and pave the road because a dirt road is dangerous for the children. It's now a paved toboggan run in the winter time. Wasn't that way when it was dirt. I honestly don't fight these things. Busy buddies and I'm becoming the old man in the woods.

This was my Dad’s pond well after the Shepard shenanigans… A 40 ft above ground pool failed so he built the pond in the hole that was the “deep end”. My kid brother did a lot of the work with him, then at least 20 years later rebuilt the waterfall. Raccoons like to go fishing, and I agree bears wouldn’t do your liner any favors. Many people get to like and enjoy the koi, so it could be upsetting to find them wounded or dead. :(

Last edited:
My main concern is something that would puncture the lining plus running and aeration system to it would be a pita. It's a dream 😁

If properly installed, no liner should be exposed. There are relitivly inexpensive pond airators that run on small solar panel available these days.

poignant—a flooded box of Japanese water stones.

and before You sharp eyed mass holes jump on the obvious, yes there are good old Norton stones as well. No, I did not take very good care of my late father in law’s collection.
I blame global warming.

and my laziness.

Maybe the stones will dry out. Was origin of flood from rain? If it came from outside, there are things that can be done to mitigate. Do you have grade issues, are downspouts draining away from house? These are things that can be fixed.

I truly appreciate it but in Wilbraham, where I am, the water table just…rose. Came through the floor where it buckled up and cracked. Once in a lifetime event. Now twice in 23 years. Time to love to your place. Wife likes the look of the wave pool in the basement.

Might be a good idea to invest in basic sump. Way easier to pump cellar out if one has planed ahead.

Pool not actually a wave pool, has a hydraulically run propeller that simulates a brisk river flow. When I was a lot younger was a semi competitive swimmer, so it is a good work out for me.

Pictures are of hydraulic motor when I had to take out & replace 'cause it leaked, and the prop it drives. If anyone is interested, will post picts of pool's "engine room" w hydraulic drive & stuff.

Cool fact; the controls for pool drive & lights are activated w pneumatic tubes, no direct to volts over 12.
IMG_0135.JPG
IMG_0085_1.JPG

Gee thanks but I’m good. I’m generally snoring by 10

And frankly, if I’m going to be talking to someone in bed after midnight I can think of about 6 billion people whom I would pick before you. All but one of them have less beard and more boob. (The one is ‘A truckers dream if there ever could be one.’)

We can always count on you, PTN, to keep it a little, .... (idk, scanky?)
...someone else please feel free to fill in w other adjectives, of choice...

Remember space fans...try to keep it clean.....

I was down at Fenway a couple weeks ago and the one there was shuttered. Had to go to the Cask. Man, what a change. When did that bucket of blood go yuppie? Last time I was there the odds were 50:50 you’d get shived before you left.
I liked it better before. Way less beautiful people busy being beautiful.

I’ll hoist one for BBW. RIP

If this hits, it might be like Bob in '91. Island full of tourists & renters w no power, lots of trees down, not a pretty sight.
1629380249158.png

Just got a tornado warning on my phone. ||Heading northeast from south of worcester area - heading towards me in Framingham. HEaring some wind and thunder, but nothing major... I think.

I was going to joke that we don't allow tornadoes in Wilbraham, but 2011 cured me of that.

I did get up the ladder to clear the downspout. I have to do anything to keep outside water outside after the whole water table debacle of a few weeks ago. Don't tell my (grown) kids I did the extension ladder, they think it's an automatic KillDaddyDevice or something.

I had to drive from Stow over to Harvard for a doctor appointment. As soon as I pulled in the office lot I got the tornado warning on my phone. Took a moment to pull up my weather radar app and noted the cell was moving from Boylston-ish towards Harvard via Clinton - and as it crossed the Wachusett it gained a ton of energy and turned bright red in the app.

But, as it progressed into Clinton center away from the reservoir, it calmed back down to "orange". Pretty cool to watch.
I noted on the news there was a tract that got torn up a bit, I'm betting it's the Nashua River stretch right below the dam outlet...

Last edited:
A bunch of ole new england old farts talking about the weather......

Hey, at least we are living up to expectations. {;

Back