The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never known how to address Easter Greetings. On the one hand, there's a grim story, otoh, the same story led to a celebrated event.
All too heady for me, so I'll just say I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow.

The Spousal Unit and I will be attending an Egg Hunt with our youngest grandson (17 months) in the morning, feeling blessed to have him and his parents in our lives, wishing we could have had the other branches of our family up here this weekend, but looking forward to when we'll all be together for our annual Cape of Cod week soon :)

Cheers! :mug:

Ready for oven
Nothing really Eastery about them but i like making cinnamon rolls (no kneed overnight style)
Happy Easter folks
1617538582847.png

If it is any consolation, it doesn’t feel like Spring here to the South either, though we can see trees greening up, flowering and there are daffodils galore.

I was down in Northern-ish NJ over the weekend and it was definitely Spring on Saturday. Sunday...not so much.
They're at least two weeks ahead of Central MA...

"There's nothing like Spring Time in the South. There's nothing like Fall in New England".

There.

I said it.

[sayeth the man whose chest freezer for cold crashing and keg serving got repurposed for chest freezing with employment changes]

S’up Bitches?
Hey I think I gave the wrong impression in my last post, I’m not quitting brewing or leaving you guys. I’m just getting rid of something I haven’t used in years that’s taking up space. I still have a cooler mash tun, pots, etc, and (God forbid) there’s always extract recipes. But I don’t brew near as much as I used to and it just makes sense to get it to someone who’ll use it.

Who knows, someday the world will be normal again and the Karen’s won’t lose their mind when we have the next Masstoberfest.

Last edited:
I used to work with this older British nurse practitioner was a f'ing scream. She had this totally flat, dry delivery as the funniest damn things you ever heard came out of her mouth. One day, when the weather bunnies are all running around like Chicken Little, fretting about the impending Snowstorm from Hell she lets loose with "Snowstorms are like sleeping with a bloke for the first time. You never know how much you're going to get or how long it's going to last."

I miss her.

"Irony": when Mother Nature's sense of humor snows on yer a$$ on 4/16, and you pop open FB to make a snarky comment, and FB smacks you with a "share your memories" photo from 4/16 SEVEN YEARS AGO of the SAME THING!

1618577304265.png 1618577519006.png

And it's sloppy messy heavy nasty crap that hurts my sugicaly enhanced rotator cuff. Whine. Feed me pudding.

It is purty, tho.

1618590034971.png

^that^ is part of it. There are a lot of smart folks living in MA. Plenty of good folks, too. People you want around you :)
I've lived on both coasts (MA and WA) and fairly close to the middle (CO), visited or at least traveled through 45 other states, and still always felt MA is where I belonged...

Cheers! (No pressure - but don't screw that all up for me :D)

Pfsh, worry not. All this techie-refresh-before-posting-crud is for losers. I"m waiting for the day to arrive when tech requires not 2, but 4 factor authentication with retinal scanning and blood dna sequencing before I can view my beer recipes. It's coming. Just you wait, 'enry 'iggins, just you wait.

The shoulder....is proceeding apace. No longer "frozen", which was the biggest post-surg issue. Still going to be a while before they'll let me juggle chainsaws. At least flaming chainsaws.

Raise one for my Dad, folks. Passed peacefully last night in TN, fought dementia 2+ yrs. Y'all would've liked him, even if he thought me crazy moving up here. Wicked sense of humor.
That’s a bitter sweet passing, when dementia is involved. Sorry to read the sad news. Enjoy your good memories, he is now at peace.

No new posts in 11 days?
Is everyone outside prancing around in the pansies with the loosened mask requirements or something?

I read Paul's post for the first time last night, but didn't realize it had been sitting there for over a week.
Ok, how 'bout a newsletter? :D

Brewing-wise, I'm waiting out a stalled pipeline here, a major disruption and first time for me. I think my ~18 month running wy1318 ranch lost its mojo as I have 20 gallons of 14 and 16 day old neipas both a handful of fermentation points above goal at 1.022 and 1.020. Normally they hit a 1.015-1.016 FG within 7 days, and both mashes hit all the right numbers and their fermentation temperatures have been on target, so I'm betting it's the yeast. They're still both moving at a point every couple of days, so they may still make it, but it's becoming a pita wrt production. If I had a fourth ferm chamber I'd be tempted to brew up a couple of brut ipas and blend them :)

Meanwhile...The Spousal Unit and I are spending our 2020 and 2021 travel budgets on home upgrades and watching people installing stuff. We had a house load of Carrier mini-split heat pumps installed this week, which we should have done decades ago but decided to send all the boys to college instead 😁 And the last four big ass floor to ceiling windows will be changed out as soon as Andersen can get it done, at which point I'll literally have zero trim on this house that will ever need to be painted :rock:

On random fronts...apparently the Patriots are looking to bring in every QB on earth - or not. Stay tuned! The Bruins are mostly up, and lately I've been kinda hankering to see a game in the Gahden. It would be extreme exposure no doubt and a test of our Moderna vaccinations, especially if we took the T. Might be smarter to wait for a Red Sox home game in the great outdoors. A little less intense. We'll see...

Cheers!

I read Paul's post for the first time last night, but didn't realize it had been sitting there for over a week.
Ok, how 'bout a newsletter? :D

On random fronts...apparently the Patriots are looking to bring in every QB on earth - or not. Stay tuned! The Bruins are mostly up, and lately I've been kinda hankering to see a game in the Gahden. It would be extreme exposure no doubt and a test of our Moderna vaccinations, especially if we took the T. Might be smarter to wait for a Red Sox home game in the great outdoors. A little less intense. We'll see...

Cheers!
|I'm going to hold out asnd see what the tab's going to be for a Woo Sox game. THey're opening the new place next week, but I'm not seeing where you can get single game tickets. Thinking the kiddo (almost 6) would have just as much fun as seeing the big guys, and I won't have to take out a loan for a couple hot dogs and drinks, to say nothing of the tickets, parking etc.

Seriously, I am hoping that is going to work out, as at least pre-pandemic getting in and out of Fenway had gone from "adventure" to "why did we do this?" challenge.

Do miss the pre-game street food though. Hopefully the WooSox will have that, too? :D

Back