The demise of the hopstrocity...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quickerNu

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It has survived 2 60mph+ storms, but not the tornado last night. Had a tornado touch down about a 1/4 mile away from the house. Lost a chunk of the roof, all of my lawn furniture and my trash can. A block away, homes were destroyed, so I can't *****. Spent an hour huddled with SWMBO and the kids huddled in the hallway this morning. Hopefully I can unwrap the bines from the lattice and come up with a new solution- quicklike! Here's what it used to be-
hopstocity.jpg

Damage pics to come.

Very sorry to hear that, poor bines. This season has been crazy for tornadoes. I think Alabama has gotten lucky though. Normally we get hit pretty bad, but it seems like all the major storms have skipped right over our state.

hopfence1.jpg

Here's a pic of what happened to the trellis. Didn't need to pull any bines out- they broke off. Oh well. Everybody around here is fine, no major injuries, and the schools were shut down all day.

Tornadoes are scary. I have never been in one, thankfully. But there is just something awe inspiring and frightening about a Tornado in particular. Glad to hear you and the family are A-OK.

Back