The Brew Day Thus Far

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaganusProeliator

I'm not stupid, I'm advanced
Reaction score
So, today's been an interesting brew day...

It's a beautiful day here in the Champlain Valley of Vermont, the sun is shining, the weather's warm (65 F is warm, right?), all in all, a great day to do some brewing outside!
I'm doing an extract porter for the paranormal investigators I belong to, and I get my grains steeping when I realize, oh no! I'm doing a full volume boil and my wort chiller is at a buddy's house! Shoot, well, I give him a call, and he was awesome enough to swing down to the house (about an hour's drive) to drop it off. Phew, that problem's solved.

But then, as I start the boil, I realize that the propane tank is almost empty! No way am I going to make it through the full boil with what I've got, so it's off to the hardware store to swap it out!

I get back with the new tank, hook it up, and try to light it. No go. I check to make sure that I have, in fact, opened up the valve, which I had, and try again. Still nothing. No sound of hissing propane either. Great Odin's Raven what's going on? Instead of trying to fiddle with it, as I have the full volume ready to go, I decide to head back to the hardware store to replace the replacement. Fortunately, they were really great about it, no questions asked just switched it out for a new one.

I get back, hook that one up, it lights (yay!) and I go inside to grab a homebrew, since I was starting to tense up and worry. I get back outside, and the burner is not lit anymore, I'm just spewing out propane. I get it lit again, after a few moments, and get the process underway.

I just did my first hop addition, and I'm out here on my laptop, supervising the boil to make sure nothing else goes wrong! I wonder what else the brew gods have up their sleeves....

Hopefully they have a good brew up their sleeves and are ready to deliver this time around. Good Luck!

-Stanley

Back