That Noob Nirvana Moment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWeeb

Reaction score
Finally, after six weeks and two brews in the bottle, I had that nirvana moment. This is the moment that you have mostly commercial craft brews in the fridge and maybe one or two of your own, and you reach for your own, open it, pour, take a sip, and realize that it is better than anything you have on hand. Now, granted, I had only Fat Tire, a nut brown from an New Mexico micro, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and a few bottles of Blonde Betty from Boulder Beer. But . . . .

Mine was better! And I made it!

After all of the stress and worry over fermenation temps, sanitation, bubbling airlocks that don't bubble, gravity readings, dry-hopping technique, and bottle bombs, this was it.

To my Noob brothers and sisters, really, don't worry, and eventually you will have that homebrew and it will be a most awesome thing. :mug:

Pretty cool huh?

Wait till you go to micro-breweries and realize that your brew is just as good if not better...

I've had some terrible micro brews in my time. Some so bad, I would be embarrassed to serve to my friends. And to top it off, they are still selling them! Years later!

I've had some terrible micro brews in my time. Some so bad, I would be embarrassed to serve to my friends. And to top it off, they are still selling them! Years later!

It's possible, but not everyone has the same tastes. I've had some that I really don't know if I could match, and one that the manager admitted had a problem during the brew (they had a new brewing system and were working the bugs out) that they were SELLING ANYWAY!

there's a local brewpub where I can barely choke down their beers. barley.

unfortunate because i have a hookup there. he spotted me a half barrel of their IPA for like $20. threw it on the keezer, tapped a pint....couldn't drink it. couldn't drink it if i held my nose. nobody who tried it could.

i called him and told him it must be infected. nope. just the way it is. had him take it back.

Back