Thanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumpwater

Reaction score
I can't think of any dumb questions so i thought i would take time to say thanks to hbt and all the good folks on here.I have learned a lot from reading these posts and hope to learn much more because i am addicted for sure.Born and raised in Tennessee i remember when i was a kid sittin on the porch late in the afternoon when the wind was blowing from the right direction i could smell the sourmash from down in a distant hollow on a small creek.Brew to live and live to brew i reckon. Thanks folks and cheers!

I remember cuttin teeth on Gramaw's keg charred sour mash. Smooth stuff too. When I grew up,she looked at me very surprised that I wanted the recipe to try & outdo JD. Her stuff was def way better!

Sorry but no bourbon came out of that hollow lol , and definitely not 8 yrs old. I think it was run through this big copper kettle , came out clear as water and put up in gal. jugs and hauled off late at night in the moonlight.

Yup,the usual way. It has to be aged in charred white oak to get the color & flavor. But you knew that,of course...:tank:

Back