Temperature of mash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backhoebob

Reaction score
When putting the ingredients in
(Cracked corn) mash. How HOT should the water be initially? I've heard different temps for different stages. Then a certain temp. When adding sugar. Can someone give me some insight on this. Thanks

I didn't know that. This is the 3rd thread on this topic and nothing was said about them? Quite a few comments-responses posted on these questions. Is there another section on this website where it is permitted? If I offend anyone, my apologies.

I checked on the rules again. The part about Texas through me off. I'm not from Texas, and how the state can impede on your 1st amendment rights is beyond me. Regardless, I will be more careful about my questions. Thanks

technically, his question was not about distillation, but about mashing.

no difference in what he's doing at that point than what we're doing, except ingredients

we mash, they mash. we ferment, they ferment. we bottle/keg and that's the point we diverge and their activities become illegal.

Don't know where TxBrew draws the line, but it's his board, his rules, regardless of Texas law

Sorry, our orders are no discussion of distilling and no discussion of our policy of no discussion of distilling. I suggest googling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back