Temp. for Beer fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoxerDog

Reaction score
I recently got a beer fridge and now I can keep all of my home brew there, what temp should I keep it at? Mostly hefes and wheat type beers along with commerical hefes and wits. thanks BD

I did notice that with colder temps, the orange flavor in blue moon somewhat disappeared. Any comments about that?

I Googled "Beer Serving Temperatures" for you and here is the link. Alot of reading. Since you are storing mostly wheat beers, you should be able to set your fridge for that style and be good to go.

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=DKUS,DKUS:2006-45,DKUS:en&q=Beer+Serving+Temperatures[/ame]

the best time beer is ice cold, is when its out of a can and its 90+f outside and you are no where close to an air conditioned building lol (actually i like cold beer out of a can anytime lol)

blefferd said:
the best time beer is ice cold, is when its out of a can and its 90+f outside and you are no where close to an air conditioned building lol (actually i like cold beer out of a can anytime lol)
I haven't drunk a beer from a can since 1975. All my beer comes from bottles or a keg. Even then, I only use glass glasses, no plastic cups for me. And yes, I do take my our glasses to drinking sessions.

American beer has to be served ice cold so you don't get it confused with urine as they look the same.:D

Uh, 40F.

Back