Temp control wirring help needed

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Cuzco_Brew

Reaction score
Ok so I have picked up a temp control for my fermentation cabinet. Here is the catch, I live in South America and controller I have is Brazilian so all the instructions are in Portuguese. I’ve run it through a translator and it makes a little more sense. Below is the link to the diagram and the translation. If anyone can help me work out what I am doing with this, it would be much appreciated. If you follow the link I am looking at the diagram labeled (7.1MDH001N-XXXV-P299).

http://www.tholz.com.br/Manuais/Temperatura/MANUAL_J-110_220Vca-P299.PDF

Translation:
1 and 2 - Sensor of temperature, termopar kind J. 3 – Exit S2: Positive pole for acionamento of the relé of solid state. 4 - Exit S2: Negative pole for acionamento of the relé of the solid state. 5 and 6 - Food of
the controlador, verify in the label of the controlador the tension of food. 7 – Exit S1: I contact IN THE (normally open) of the relé of the exit 1. 8 – Contact C (common) of the relé of the exit 1.

Thanks
Zac

BrewBeemer

Reaction score
Wow what a strange history and locations that unit and the instructions are in. Sorry I can not help you maybe another member can translate and figure it out. I'm having a bad enough time being born in America and having people from Mexico and China to deal with in conversations. And I flunked Spanish in the third grade. How was I to know Spanish is needed now in America 48 years later?

I would bet your better off in the wine section, a lot of Portuguese people with their home made wine, someone should be able to translate your instructions for you. Best of luck on your brewing project.

tipicreeper

Reaction score
1= - T/C Input
2= + T/C Input
3= + SSR 12VDC Output
4= - SSR 12VDC Output
5= Line (220VAC)
6= Line (220VAC)
7= Switched N/O Relay Contact 5A (Probably for an alarm output)
8= Common for above contact

Good luck with programming of this thing.
Cheers
-David

OP
C

Cuzco_Brew

Reaction score
Ok so the temp controller are pins one and two. The power goes in on 5 and 6? and then out on 3 and 4 ?

I am planning on hooking it up with a light bulb as the heat sorce. So the power goes in on 5 and 6 and out on 3 and 4 ?

Thanks for the help.

tipicreeper

Reaction score
No.
The temp probe inputs are 1&2
Main Controller power is 5&6
If you are turning on/ off a light bulb use the switched relay output.
In on pin 8 out on pin 7 to one side of light bulb
the other side of light bulb to Neutral (if 110VAC) or the other side of 220 single phase.

ClaudiusB

Reaction score
F9 is used to select which output you plan on using for heating/cooling or alarm.

F9 =0 S1 is the control output, S2 is the alarm output
F9 =1 S2 is the control output, S1 is the alarm output

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

McKBrew

Reaction score
I can't offer anything, but had to take a look at more of your pics. Talk about a beautiful place.

OP
C

Cuzco_Brew

Reaction score
Perfecto, it works great. Now just need to finish of putting the insulation in.

Thanks for all the help.