Technique Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skarekrough

Reaction score
I've generally been a kit guy and have decided to step out of that foray and get into brewing something where not everything comes neatly out of a box.

My motivation for this is a Russian Imperial Stout listed in "Beer Captured"

I'm used to the first step of all brews being to bag up the grains into a muslin bag and bring the water to temp.

However none of the recipes in there state that. Furthermore this recipe states that I should bring two different pots to temp with grains in them and combine them into the brew pot. No bag.

This is kind of confusing to me. Sorry if it's kind of a newb question. I'm kind of concerned about messing up.

Thanks!

I would stick to the process you know and make the recipe fit that.

I assume you have specialty grains and extract? Use them how you know to and you should be fine.

I've generally been a kit guy and have decided to step out of that foray and get into brewing something where not everything comes neatly out of a box.

My motivation for this is a Russian Imperial Stout listed in "Beer Captured"

I'm used to the first step of all brews being to bag up the grains into a muslin bag and bring the water to temp.

However none of the recipes in there state that. Furthermore this recipe states that I should bring two different pots to temp with grains in them and combine them into the brew pot. No bag.

This is kind of confusing to me. Sorry if it's kind of a newb question. I'm kind of concerned about messing up.

Thanks!

I don't have that book, so I can't see what it is you're looking at. If you type up the recipe, we can help you with intructions for your method if you want.

Latest posts

Back