Taste from sediment in bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pelican521

Reaction score
I had one of my Moose Drool brews last night and was especially careful not to let any sediment into my glass. It was excellent and didn't have an aftertaste I've noticed before. Not sure how to describe the taste but maybe a little astringent or bitter or as someone described "like an asprin sitting on your tongue". But this time it wasn't there...

Could this aftertaste be coming from the sediment that sometimes gets in my glass when I'm not as careful or is the sediment tasteless? Just trying to figure out why I didn't have that aftertaste I've had before.

Thx

Trub & yeast that get into the glass taste yeasty & sort of muddled to me. If you brewed extract with grains,then maybe the PH of the wort was too high.
Or it was just young,green beer at that point? They can have that sort of quality till they mature properly.

Well, you can always try drinking your sediment to see what it taste like...

Back