Tap handle question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzoflick

Reaction score
Ok so I've owned a kegerator for some time now and I still do not get how to properly screw in the taps so that they are aligned and front facing.. it seems when the tap gets tight as Im screwing it in the damn label always faces the back. Ive tried loosening the nut just below the tap handle and then I can get the tap handle straight, but then the nut is loose.

Sorry if im being confusing here but what do you all do to make you handles go on straight without using spacers or the like?

1. Simply screw the beer tap handle onto the beer faucet lever turning clockwise until it is hand tight only.

2. On the beer faucet lever there is an adjusting knob that allows you to align the beer tap handle to your desired location. Remember most beer tap handles are designed to face the bartender so you can read the brand logo as you would be reading a label on a bottle. However, sometimes you may decide to position the tap handle sideways or at an angle and this is where the beer faucet lever adjusting knob becomes important. If you want to change the position of the tap handle you can turn the beer faucet adjusting knob counter clockwise until it tightens to the desired location – hand tight only.

Ok so your saying this knob should be turned counter clockwise to adjust the position of the tap handle..

23215510379.jpg

But when you twist this knob it essentially loosens the whole mechanism doest it? What prevents this knob from moving around once you've "adjusted" it?

it acts like a locknut. the friction between it and your handle should keep it right where it needs to be. Just play with it for a minute and will make sense to you.

Screw the tap handle on.
Back off enough so the handle is facing the way you want it to face.
Then tighten the thumbscrew (red box) until it is tight against the handle.

Latest posts

Back