Tap a draft to corny keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave258

Reaction score
My brother in law currently has 2 tap a draft systems full of conditioned beer. He is buying my 2 keg kegerator.
Has anyone transfered beer from tap a draft bottles to corny kegs? I don't know if it is better to slowly pour, or use a syphon. Does he have to worry about oxidation since the keg can be filled with co2 and purged?
Thanks!

I would expect that it could be siphoned ( that would be best to minimize oxidation ). I would just hope that the carbonation didnt break the siphon's suction power. I would then purge as stated above.

It seems theoretically possible but I have never or never known anyone to do something like this.

Now that I think about it, cant he just hook a tube up to the spigot on that thing and drain it into the keg via hose or something?

Well I have 2 TaD systems and a Keezer full of cornies, I would say that syphoning would be the best way to transfer the beer from the TaD to the cornies.

But one question? why transfer at all??? Just drink up the beer in the TaD's and brew some new stuff for the cornies. 4 beers are better than two :)

Back