• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Virginia Tall Boy 8 gallon kettle with drilled hole and interior markings

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iglord

Reaction score
This was my first kettle for full boil batches, but I have since upgraded. the 8 gallon size will do a 5 gallon batch if you keep a careful watch on the boil, or a 3 gallon BIAB. I drilled a hole at the bottom for a 1/2 inch weldless fitting, and put my own gallon markings on the inside using the 9 volt battery and vinegar soaked Q-tip method seen here on HBT.

$60 plus shipping.

tall boy1.jpg

tall boy 2.jpg

Gotta give the kettle a wipe down with Bar Keeper's Friend, but this is it. It is stainless steel.

Norfolk is a bit too much of a drive. If you ever make your way towards Richmond, I'd drive down and meet you there. Let me know if you get the itch to visit Hardywood, center of the universe, strangeways, ardent, isley, legend, the answer, blue bee, etc.

Im actually in Roanoke, I moved from Norfolk about a month ago.

Im actually in Roanoke, I moved from Norfolk about a month ago.

Gotcha, assumed Norfolk based on previous posts. Same deal applies if you find yourself towards Charlottesville. Plenty of good stuff to drink around there too. I'm looking for an excuse to do the BrewRidge Trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back