tail piece assembly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightFlight

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I bought these tail piece assemblies for my keezer: Link -> Tail Piece Assembly

Does the washer act as a gasket, or to lock down the nut? Does the washer go between the tail and the shank or not? Yet another way to put it, should the shank mate metal to metal? I have another keg going with just carbonated water and it doesn't foam... but its just water.

The reason I ask is I have 10ft of bev line on a new keg and I'm getting nothing but mostly foam and I can hear it rolling over somewhere. Either in the tank pickup or at the tail of the shank.

That is called a "beer washer", and it is placed between the face of the tailpiece and the face of the shank. The nut serves to compress the beer washer making a highly effective seal. Do not use any tape on this type of connection...

Cheers!

Thanks for the quick reply! I guess I assembled it correctly. I can clearly see the foam is coming out of the keg. Either something is partially blocking the intake or its over carbonated. I've tried reducing the pressure, and leaving it decompressed for a few hours. Nothing seems to help.

Hello fellow canucklehead! What psi is your keg at and what is the id of your line? Maybe 10ft isn't enough line or your psi is set too high? How did you carb the beer? If you quick carbed it may need more then a few hours to bring the carb rate down if you accidentally overcarbed it.

Elric, I thought all those things. I just tried replacing the beverage line connector (black) that goes onto the keg post. Guess what. That was it. The one I had on there passed all the leak testing. WTF? There must be a defect inside that is causing the beverage to spawl as it passes through.

I'll be dog-gone. Finally. Glorious beer is flowing!

Elric, I thought all those things. I just tried replacing the beverage line connector (black) that goes onto the keg post. Guess what. That was it. The one I had on there passed all the leak testing. WTF? There must be a defect inside that is causing the beverage to spawl as it passes through.

I'll be dog-gone. Finally. Glorious beer is flowing!
Glad you got it figured out. You can take that quick connect apart and see if there is any debris or anything trapped inside of it.

Back