Syracuse, ny - round 5 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff B and other Syracuse guys let me know if anyone is able to bring my goods back this direction, if not I'll have to make it out there.

twogunz i might be able too, ill let you know... jhenderson will you be available this weekend for a pick up?

Jeff B and other Syracuse guys let me know if anyone is able to bring my goods back this direction, if not I'll have to make it out there.

Nevermind to what I said before. I can get your stuff TwoGuns. I should be able to fit it all just fine.

Jeff B

For those who live east of Syracuse, I am planning a trip from Albany to pick up the grains after all payments have cleared. So far I will be picking up my order and gergelgat's order. Are there any others located east of Syracuse who would like thier grain picked up? We would need to coordinate drop off, which needs to be somewhat fluid as I am not sure when I will be making the trip.

I could really use a pickup for my 1/3 splits of roast b, brown malt, and pale chocolate if possible for Syracuse. Any chance Rust or Cidah could get mine along with your portion of the spit? It looks like I got to go back to Maine for a while for work, probably leave Friday. I'll be happy to help with gas $.

I could really use a pickup for my 1/3 splits of roast b, brown malt, and pale chocolate if possible for Syracuse. Any chance Rust or Cidah could get mine along with your portion of the spit? It looks like I got to go back to Maine for a while for work, probably leave Friday. I'll be happy to help with gas $.

if i do you MUST pick it up next week.... if i pick it up this weekend... I am moving away now... in a week or two... so unfortunately i will only be able to brew when i come home now... :(

update on payments

Buffalo Brewer $517.24 (Cashiers check - Pending Receipt)
Jhenderson27 $112.14 (Cash - pending receipt)
gergelgat $70.18

jbsengineer $161.47

The blue "C" means payments are in free and cleared [you are cleared for pick up]

CidahMastahC
Bierhaus15 C
Copyright1997C
Jeffb418C
drocuC
twogunz C
rustbucket C
stunsm C
CBK C
Mparsons327 C
SmashingC

bierhaus - jeff b is grabbing my grain so i won't be headed out there, sorry man!

rust - sounds like you need to make your brewing rig modular! I assume this means you found a job so that is good. That means you will be able to put some more coin into your hobby haha. Congrats

if i do you MUST so unfortunately i will only be able to brew when i come home now... :(

the good news is... you have all your kegs filled!

Guys - in general wanted to say thanks for being quick and considerate about getting the money orders and cert checks out so quick. I really appreciate it and it made a potentially tough payment a heck of a lot easier. So keep the payments coming in, and next time I think we can do a combination of payment methods so we can speed the payments up, add convenience to payers while flying low under the radar.

bierhaus - jeff b is grabbing my grain so i won't be headed out there, sorry man!

rust - sounds like you need to make your brewing rig modular! I assume this means you found a job so that is good. That means you will be able to put some more coin into your hobby haha. Congrats

the good news is... you have all your kegs filled!

Guys - in general wanted to say thanks for being quick and considerate about getting the money orders and cert checks out so quick. I really appreciate it and it made a potentially tough payment a heck of a lot easier. So keep the payments coming in, and next time I think we can do a combination of payment methods so we can speed the payments up, add convenience to payers while flying low under the radar.

Yeah, I'm getting Cidah's and TwoGun's. I wish i could fit more but I wont be able to. Sorry.

Jeff B

Just had a thought, people doing the PBW split may want to bring a mask. I know even when I measure out grain at home it can be kinda dusty and bad for you lungs... I can't even imagine how bad PBW would be inside you. Just something I thought of.

Jeff B

if i do you MUST pick it up next week.... if i pick it up this weekend... I am moving away now... in a week or two... so unfortunately i will only be able to brew when i come home now... :(

That shouldn't be a problem. Thanks.

Ok all Cat's out of the bag

Grain order is in - not so fast ;) - if you don't have a blue "C" by your name you can't pick up your grain yet. That means that if you have coordinated a pick up with someone and they don't have the coveted blue "C" by there name you can't pick up for them.

gergelgat $70.18 (check - Pending Receipt)

The blue "C" means payments are in free and cleared [you are cleared for pick up]

CidahMastahC
Bierhaus15 C
Copyright1997C
Jeffb418C
drocuC
twogunz C
rustbucket C
stunsm C
CBK C
Mparsons327 C
SmashingC
jbsengineer C
Jhenderson27C
Buffalo BrewerC

NOTES:
1. Please coordinate your pick up with jhenderson ASAP, so he can clear the grain out of his race shop.
2. Text jhenderson with your ETA; and coordinate pickup with him. This is not his house so he is not always there.

When your cleared for pick up I will arrange to meet you, not before. everyone on this buy should thank Cidah, he fronted this entire order not because he wanted to, more so beacuse he had to or no one got the product. Going forward with future buys, if you do not having to payment to the buyer in 1 calendar week or 5 business days your out. This is more than enough time. Keith or anyone else putting their hard earned money on the line is more than nice, the least you could do is square up quickly, this is not directed to anyone just my own statement as we all work hard to get this completed, mostly Keith. Pickup is a different subject, i am fine with holding a short time for your supplies, not months as we run a race business and we need the room. Like i said i am fine for a short period but don't forget stuff like i did at cidahs for like 5 months : ).

When your cleared for pick up I will arrange to meet you, not before. everyone on this buy should thank Cidah, he fronted this entire order not because he wanted to, more so beacuse he had to or no one got the product. Going forward with future buys, if you do not having to payment to the buyer in 1 calendar week or 5 business days your out. This is more than enough time. Keith or anyone else putting their hard earned money on the line is more than nice, the least you could do is square up quickly, this is not directed to anyone just my own statement as we all work hard to get this completed, mostly Keith. Pickup is a different subject, i am fine with holding a short time for your supplies, not months as we run a race business and we need the room. Like i said i am fine for a short period but don't forget stuff like i did at cidahs for like 5 months : ).

Thanks for the support!

I think it all is just exercising some respect, good judgment and reasonableness - if you don't have those elements, see jhendersons note above for etiquette haha :D

pshhhhh... Keith (cidah) we know the real reason why you wanted all that... YOU WANTED TO CLAIM ALL THE GRAIN FOR YOU SELF, WE KNOW THE REAL TRUTH.. :fro: Haha

yeah, maybe i can get some more kegs and get those full as well... now that i will have an income.

but jhenderson would you be able on saturday for a pickup?

When your cleared for pick up I will arrange to meet you, not before. .

jhenderson27 - can you pm me your address and contact info? I will be driving from the Albany area. I'm thinking of combining this with taking my son with me to either visit relatives in Syracuse or possibly even going to the Rochester AHL game on Friday night or Syracuse vs Albany game on Saturday night in Syracuse. There's a bunch of things in the air to make this happen, but knowing your availability is key to any of it.

Thanks.

p.s. this group buy has cost me a lot of money (besides the grains). I bought a pair of ski's this past weekend at a show here in Albany. I didn't have my boots with me, and the place I bought them from is in Utica. So, I would need to go to Utica to get the mount done. But, my rationale was "Well, I have to go get my grains anyway."

everyone on this buy should thank Cidah, he fronted this entire order. Keith or anyone else putting their hard earned money on the line is more than nice

+1 to this. 3k is a lot of money to put out there and count on the the good faith of people (some that you do not even know). This says volumes to me about this man. Thank you Keith. This is only my second time participating with this group yet I truly appreciate all you do to save us quite a few dollars so we can make more beer for less. Between these group buys and Farmhouse I am a very happy camper.

3740 state route 5&20, 14424-zip. Tomorrow between 6-730/8 saturday morning till like 5/6ish. Let me know. If your cleared we can make it work, ill do my best to accommodate people, but i am busy with planning a wedding with the future wife and racecars so like i said im happy to work with people the best i possibly can.

Thanks to Cidah & jhenderson! I just wanna throw an idea out there. I think it would be a great idea for everyone involved in the next order to throw a few bucks towards a sack of grain to Cidah for all his time organizing this thing and whoever accepts the order. I know that doesn't even begin to take care of the time these guys spend putting this thing together but it's a small thanks for making this all happen!

3740 state route 5&20, 14424-zip. Tomorrow between 6-730/8 saturday morning till like 5/6ish. Let me know. If your cleared we can make it work, ill do my best to accommodate people, but i am busy with planning a wedding with the future wife and racecars so like i said im happy to work with people the best i possibly can.

Saturday morning would work well for me. I work B shift but could make it there in the AM. Whatever time in the morning that is good for you would work for me. I am only 1/2 hour away and could be there at whatever time you plan on arriving in the AM. Do you have a scale there or should I bring my own?

Since it wont be just you saturday, bring one in case. Ill have my small digi and my larger racing scales that are to the pound.

Please let me know ahead of time if you need a scale, id rather not have to drice home and come back then.

Thanks to Cidah & jhenderson! I just wanna throw an idea out there. I think it would be a great idea for everyone involved in the next order to throw a few bucks towards a sack of grain to Cidah for all his time organizing this thing and whoever accepts the order. I know that doesn't even begin to take care of the time these guys spend putting this thing together but it's a small thanks for making this all happen!

Ha! I don't think you would get any arguments from us on this one! :D

I can almost taste my grain - I have like 5 brews I am debating over for this weekend....

Any big brew plans for you guys out there?

I can almost taste my grain - I have like 5 brews I am debating over for this weekend....

did my denny's porter yesturday.. smells delicious.. waiting for my yeast to be ready to pitch... :( didnt make start soon enough...

did my denny's porter yesturday.. smells delicious.. waiting for my yeast to be ready to pitch... :( didnt make start soon enough...

ah throw it in there! it might be delayed, but consider your wort sitting in your fermenter a giant starter

I am going to try the deception cream stout this weekend. My vanilla beans for denny's porter arrived today will be getting that on the beans also.

I just got your check buffalobrewer (thanks for coordinating and sending me just the one for your group):

gergelgat $70.18 (check - Pending Receipt)

CidahMastahC
Bierhaus15 C
Copyright1997C
Jeffb418C
drocuC
twogunz C
rustbucket C
stunsm C
CBK C
Mparsons327 C
SmashingC
jbsengineer C
Jhenderson27C
Buffalo BrewerC

CBK - Awesome - I just brewed the deception cream stout last week - can't wait for that to come out.

Drocu - good to have you along! Be sure to check out the #6 cuse buy for next time.

SOOO MUCH GRAIN! What the heck do I brew?!

Oh and this is what a Scion xB looks like w/ ~900# of grain!
317768_575778962397_21600820_31922915_1881821915_n.jpg

Thanks both to Cidah and Justin!

SOOO MUCH GRAIN! What the heck do I brew?!

Oh and this is what a Scion xB looks like w/ ~900# of grain!
317768_575778962397_21600820_31922915_1881821915_n.jpg

Thanks both to Cidah and Justin!

Looks like you have a sack on the passenger seat and one on the floor in front of it. Dam that is almost half a pallet in your vehicle. Hopefully you and all that grain made it back home ok. Looks to me that you will be putting your grain milling station to good use very soon.

Back