Swapped the hops!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vasie

Reaction score
I recently finished brewing my second batch of beer. It is an American amber ale.

Well, all went well excpet that I noticed too late that I flip flopped my bittering hops( Willamette) and finishing hops(Cascade). It is really too bad, I was looking forward to trying out the Cascade hops (for aroma). I am assuming that this is no big disaster, but can I still expect as tasty a libation?

So you bittered with Cascade and finished with Willamette? No problem; I've intentionally done that with pale ales and they turned out great! What alpha content and how much did you use?

A. Should be fine. Using Cascades for bittering won't prevent some of the flavor & aroma coming through.
B. Taste it when you rack to the secondary & dry hop with 1/2 oz. of Cascades if you like.

The wort is fermenting nicely--bubbling at least 60 times a min, really rolling.. I can definitly smell the Willamette.. spicey

Back