Superbowl Over!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tipped INT marred his QB rating for the game.
He got bailed out by Tyree on the hail.

Without the 2:47 drive, Eli was average.

If the Giant defense stops the Patriots on the prior scoring drive, we might be talking about Tuck or Strayhan as the MVP.

I don't know if they can do it, but coMVP's for the entire D-line.

I'm also happy lou Perkins got a lot of face time (AD for KU) because he was sitting in front of Peyton.:D

I think Tom Coughlin deserves the MVP. He's the only person who could figure out a gameplan to beat the Pats. There were a few other teams who had the talent to do it, but Coughlin got his team to go all the way.

mr x said:
I think Tom Coughlin deserves the MVP. He's the only person who could figure out a gameplan to beat the Pats. There were a few other teams who had the talent to do it, but Coughlin got his team to go all the way.

Ahem, Spagnuolo!?!? He did what no one else could: get pressure on Brady and shut down Moss. That won the game more than anything else.

I'd give it to the head coach first. Just like I'd blame Belicheck before his offensive co-ordinator.

mr x said:

I definitely agree with you on this one.

Congrats to the Giants. A well played game by the defense. I guess all of those two minute drills worked for Eli. What at way to take charge the last couple mins of the super bowl.

I was rooting for the Giants along with an enjoyable game; I believe regardless who won we all got a good show. "On any given sunday...." and thats what we got, the Giants out played the Pats.

The Giants deserved the "W". :mug: :ban:

Seabee John said:
I was just really glad to see Moss shut down as much as he was... and the last pass he failed to catch was icing on the cake. I watched that thug when he was here in Minnesota... he's in no way a team player. If it wasn't for Moss I wouldn't have cared who won and wouldn't have been cheering NY. but hey, congrats to all the Giants fans out there... they definitely earned it.

Speaking of Moss, what was up with Joe Buck and his Moss-worshiping? Every time Moss would make a catch, buck would count it off: "That's Moss's third catch of the day" etc. He didn't do that for Welker (how was the Pats best player yesterday) or any of the Giants wideouts. That was ridiculous.

You gotta hand it to the Giants. There D-line played out of there mind..5 sacks. That was a month and a half in the regular season.They were great..

And that catch at the end, was one of the best in history..I can't believe Manning got out of that one..

I thought "wide right" was the most exciting SB ever, but this one was even better.

Great smash-mouth defense by both teams for three quarters and then inspiring drives by both Offenses in the fourth quarter

Giants last drive and "THE PLAY" rival Montana, Bradshaw, Starbach in their prime.

I've been a Giants fan for 50 years... and this was one of the top 2 games.

I've been a Giants fan for 50 years... and this was one of the top 2 games.
Great year to be a Giants fan, no doubt. Congrats on the win. Oh, and kiss my a$$ for knocking my Packers out of their chance.

:)

Great game to watch.

Rick

Back