Superbowl Over!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperiorBrew

Reaction score
Giants 17 ~ Patriots 14​

Sorry Bulls Beers 18 & 1 is still pretty good

New_York_Giants_helmet_rightface.png

Sweet win by the Giants! :rockin:

Sucks they beat the Packers but I'm happy for them. No one gave them a chance. Tip of the cap to NY.

Cookiebaggs said:
Sweet win by the Giants! :rockin:

Sucks they beat the Packers but I'm happy for them. No one gave them a chance. Tip of the cap to NY.

From a Packers fan originally from the Boston area, amen brother.

The Giants defense was awesome

Belichek leaving early was very tacky and pretty poor sportsmanship.

Wow, what a game. I was jumping around so much I'm sure I pulled something.

I hate when people gloat over a win, so all I'm going to say is it was a good game and I enjoyed it. The Giants certainly did deserve this win.

As a Homer, I hate to see it, but the Giants played one hell of a game. I never dismissed you, and congrats on the victory... and thanks for allowing us to dismiss the "the Patriots didn't have any competition" people that try to lessen our dynasty (sp?)[little druck;) ] and for probably bringing back our possible retirees

Thanks Pats for a great run!! next year...

*EDIT* Yeah, Bill leaving early was bush league

SuperiorBrew said:
The Giants defense was awesome

+1 again. Even without gloating, I thought that was completely disrespectful.

But...in the spirit of gloating...

:ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:

SuperiorBrew said:
Giants 17 ~ Patriots 14​

Sorry Bulls Beers 18 & 1 is still pretty good

I'm not sorry- I've never been so happy to see a non-Packer team win it all.

SuperiorBrew said:

Didn't surprise me one bit. We were talking about him during the game. The question was- How could a man caught cheating win Coach of the Year????
Anyway, I'm glad the Pats got beat. I wish it was the Packers that had done it, but this was still fun to watch

Bernie Brewer said:
Anyway, I'm glad the Pats got beat. I wish it was the Packers that had done it, but this was still fun to watch

For the record, if the Packers would have made it I would have been pulling for them.

SuperiorBrew said:

I think he went to empty his stomach contents. I got the impression that the guy who interviewed him first drew the short straw and that he was afraid old Bill was going to go ape**** if he pissed him off.

It is amazing how someone goes from the feel good story to "Evil" in a few seasons, and in a salary cap setting to boot

Bernie Brewer said:
The question was- How could a man caught cheating win Coach of the Year????

I only respect the Motorola Coach of the Year Award now....

Congrats to the Giants and to Manning for proving a lot of folks wrong. I was pulling for 'em all the way but was surprised they pulled it off. Couldn't have been a better situation than having Manning coming in with 83 yards and under three minutes and driving to win to shut up a lot of people. I will *never* forget The Scramble & Catch (I dub it) on that last drive. Manning deserved the MVP for a single player effort -- but the defensive front four won the game.

Didn't really bother me; he had already congratulated Coughlin when they first ran the clock to zero, so why hang around for a kneel-down.

Rick

rickylr said:
Didn't really bother me; he had already congratulated Coughlin when they first ran the clock to zero, so why hang around for a kneel-down. Rick

Even during the post game interview he was a *****, real quiet and not many words. I have seen a lot of losing superbowl coaches interviewed but he takes the cake.

Even during the post game interview he was a *****
To each his own opinion, I guess. I'm not a fan of the Patriots or Belichick, though what they have accomplished over the past few years is amazing. But I watched the post-game interview and press conference and he seemed as reserved (or as demonstrative) as nearly every other interview. He looks/sounds the same after a win or loss. Again, not a fan, but didn't see a problem with him hitting the tunnel after congratulating Coughlin midfield or with his post-game comments.

Rick

Now Eli now has something to talk about for Thanksgiving dinner at the Paytons,:) defeating an unbeaten team in the Super Bowl. One upping Payton. Hell ya!

I feel sorry for their brother. Both of his brothers have superbowl MVP's and superbowl rings. He could be a successful doctor and still be a loser now.

All i have to say is that i think both teams played like they deserved the be there. I also think the reffing was just enough and not throwing too many flags was a good thing. This probably has to be one of the best games i have watched and am really happy for the Giants, they definitely deserve that win.

I feel like my team won the super bowl! One of the best games I have watched in awhile. I for one love games where defence makes the difference.

knarfks said:
I feel sorry for their brother. Both of his brothers have superbowl MVP's and superbowl rings. He could be a successful doctor and still be a loser now.

Actually, he's an extremely successfull stockbroker. If I recall, he has some type of disease that affects his athleticism and therefore didn't make it past high-school football.

That game was great. Cheers to both teams, but the Giants obviously brought it last night. I don't feel bad for the Pats, as I'm sure they'll be back in the playoffs next year. The Giants pass rush was impressive as hell. I'm glad Eli has finally come around too. I'm also glad to see them win WITHOUT Tiki and Shockey. Now I just have to deal with all the bandwagon fans coming out around here. We're still dealing with all the bandwagons Rutgers fans!

Any other game, I'd be cheering against the Giants---they're an NFCE rival. But I like Bernie, I was cheering for them like they were my own last night. I wanted to see Cheatichek and Brady lose so bad...those smug *****es.

I wish I could taste Tom Brady's tears...

rickylr said:
Didn't really bother me; he had already congratulated Coughlin when they first ran the clock to zero, so why hang around for a kneel-down.

Yeah but how can you leave your team out on the field to play the last snap of the Super Bowl without a coach, win or lose. The captain should go down with the ship. I wish the guy interviewing him had said something. Belichick probably would have gone nuts.

So where are all of the Pats fans who wouldn't stop running their mouths about how great their team was? :D

It seems only fitting that they should have a chance to participate in this thread as well. Perhaps it's too soon and their tears have not yet dried.

I'm normally not one to twist the knife, but I am SO glad that the Patriots lost. It's very nice to see and hear the enormous egos of the Pats players, Belicheat, and fans go out with one huge pop - followed by lots of crying.

ohiobrewtus said:
So where are all of the Pats fans who wouldn't stop running their mouths about how great their team was? :D

It seems only fitting that they should have a chance to participate in this thread as well. Perhaps it's too soon and their tears have not yet dried.

I'm normally not one to twist the knife, but I am SO glad that the Patriots lost. It's very nice to see and hear the enormous egos of the Pats players, Belicheat, and fans go out with one huge pop - followed by lots of crying.

They're licking their wounds. I am a fan of Brady but I do not like Moss and Belichick has become very *****ie. IMO the Pats are the better team almost every time. Last night, obviously the Giants were the better team. Congrats to them for stepping up...

ohiobrewtus said:

Enjoying a steaming plate of crow?

How about Robert Kraft telling someone that they promised Fox they'd keep the game close for the 1st half? Oooooppsss....

Or that the Pats players were supposedly inviting Giants players to their post game victory parties. DURING THE GAME. Yes, Pats players were inviting Giants players to after parties WHILE THEY WERE PLAYING.

Have I mentioned yet today how happy I am that the Pats lost?

I was just really glad to see Moss shut down as much as he was... and the last pass he failed to catch was icing on the cake. I watched that thug when he was here in Minnesota... he's in no way a team player. If it wasn't for Moss I wouldn't have cared who won and wouldn't have been cheering NY. but hey, congrats to all the Giants fans out there... they definitely earned it.

I thought it was a pretty boring 3 quarters but what a finish. No way was Tyree making that catch. Yeah this will be one that we all remember as we saw that when it happened.

I didn't watch much football this year but I swear every time I saw a Giants game Manning was killing the game. Fumbles, interceptions, even when they won it looked like they lost but that play he made last night made up for it.

The defense definitely won that game. I honestly don't see Eli as leading the Giants to any kind of dynasty. AFAIAC, he didn't play all that well. The final drive was good, but up until that point he was throwing bad passes into double and triple coverage, and the offense was in low gear in general. And the ball he tossed into the middle on the last drive, real lucky. The Giants deserved to win no doubt, but it was athe defense that made the game.

mr x said:
The defense definitely won that game. I honestly don't see Eli as leading the Giants to any kind of dynasty. AFAIAC, he didn't play all that well. The final drive was good, but up until that point he was throwing bad passes into double and triple coverage, and the offense was in low gear in general. And the ball he tossed into the middle on the last drive, real lucky. The Giants deserved to win no doubt, but it was athe defense that made the game.

What game were you watching, dude? Eli didn't play well? Eli played great, he overthrew plax on one play and that was about it. If he continues to play like this going into next season, why wouldn't we be seeing the giants roll deep into the playoffs. I am not gonna predict a giants dynasty here, but I see know reason why this team wouldnt just get stronger from this point on.

Better look again. He threw a number of balls into double and triple coverage that should not have been thrown. It was an OK performance on offense, outstanding performance on defense.

Back